i am quite confused about the way how SRM is ntegrated with BW. can some one answer my basic questions
1. whats the main use of SRM
2. whats the difference between b/w R/3 and SRM. I mean, when we have PO/PR's etc why again SRM
3. where do we create PR's and PO's.
4. where does we maintain Vendor data. ( do we have in r/3 and then we replicate to SRM, if so where in SRM,(T-code)
5. what is a shoping cart and how is it related to R/3 and BW.
I assure you, you will get good points.
1 there is no main use of SRM, there are areas areas in wich SRM can be used depending on the needs, what SRM can do is
- aiding users in the procurement process with what is known as self service procurement
1 there is no main use of SRM, there are areas areas in wich SRM can be used depending on the needs, what you can do with SRM is
- aid users in the procurement process with the self service procurement functionalities
- integrate SRM with external systems and process requirements created in the external system using SRM functionalities
- negotiate with your supplier using the bidding engine
2 you may attach a BW to SRM in order to have reports on the documents that were created in srm, shopping carts, POs, bid invitations, GRs ...
3 it depends on what scenario you are using, PR may be created in R/3 and processed in SRM, shopping carts in SRM may be creating PRs and POs in R/3, you can also post GRs and invoices to R/3 using SRM.
4 You can import vendors from R/3 or define them locally and assign them to a vendor that already exists in R/3
5 a shopping cart is a list of things you would like to buy, almost like a PR in R/3, the follow on document of a shopping cart can be a local (SRM) PO, an R/3 PR or PO ....
And to answer your general question, with BW you can analyze what is happening in SRM, you will see the documents that were created in SRM (shopping carts, local PO, bid invitation and quotations, goods receipt, invoices) and their reference to the R/3 documents where those references are present. You wont see the documents that are created in R/3 as follow on documents of the ones that have been created in SRM, you will need to attach your BW to the R/3 in order to see this.