cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 5.0 - Tax could not be determined.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

We are using classic scenario SRM 5.0. The issue is while creating SC in EBP for foreing vendors we are getting error tax code could not be determined ? For the domestic vendor this is working fine.

As per customization all tax calculation is occuring in backend.

Request your helpful hint on this.

With Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Take a look at:

IMG: ->SRM Server ->Cross-Application Basic Settings

->Tax Calculation

->Determine Tax Code for Country/Product Category

In the IMG documentation the following is stressed:

- If you set up a product category, you also have to enter a country.

- If you leave the "Country" field empty, you cannot specify a Category ID"

Also, in

IMG: ->SRM Server ->Cross-Application Basic Settings

->Tax Calculation ->Determine System for Tax Calculation

If for example, tax calculation takes place in R/3 'Tax Calculation Occurs in R/3' should be selected.

- If you created another international entry for country XX, for example, be aware that a corresponding entry must also exist in R/3 Backend, otherwise the mapped tax code can not be found and field tax code remains blank in the shop transaction.

In the customizing entry for determine tax code for country/Product category, remove the '*' and replace with just a space to assign a tax code for all product categories.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darshan,

What is the ship to address in your SC i.e Domestic or International

If vendor is International ( example UK) and ship to address is Domestic (example: US)

Enter following combination in Determine Tax Code for Country/Product Category

International ; US ; Category Id ; taxcode

If vendor is Domestic ( example US) and ship to address is International (example: UK).

Domestic; UK ; Category Id ; taxcode.

The above combination will work, i think you know other configuration areas of Product Category maintenance.

Thanks,

Ravi Varma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darshan,

What is the ship to address in your SC i.e Domestic or International

If vendor is International ( example UK) and ship to address is Domestic (example: US)

Enter following combination in Determine Tax Code for Country/Product Category

International ; US ; Category Id ; taxcode

If vendor is Domestic ( example US) and ship to address is International (example: UK).

Domestic; UK ; Category Id ; taxcode.

The above combination will work, i think you know other configuration areas of Product Category maintenance.

Thanks,

Ravi Varma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

I have checked the settings in backend for tax code and that is in place however one thing i have noticed about SRM setting in

Determine tax code for country/product category is that i am copying from existing line item i am not copy and save the source system in that.

And the entry under that node is without the source system. Could you help in resovling this issue ? i presume this might be the reason.

With Regards,

Darshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I have done the settings as suggested but still it is giving the same error "Tax code could not be determined"

With Rgrds,

Darshan