cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Ids for Enterprise Workbook implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used one Enterprise Workbook for implementation of security profiles.I am able to hide majority of the option from the setup.

But am unable to hide the follwowing:-

System Setup---Highlighted Report and Query Definition List, Browse Extension Schema, Browse Full Schema

Document Setup--SRM Activity Library.

System Aminitrationunder Administrative reports-User Activity, Upgrade Reports, Security Profile Usage Summary, Global Search Administrative Reports, Conversion Reports (System), Conversion Reports (Sourcing).

I have searched for their resource ids in the enterprise workbook available with me but cannot identify the correct ones.

Can anybody please provide me the resource ids for these options or otherwise the list of resource ids where i can find resource ids for the above mentioned options.

Vaishali.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Most of the parameters that you want to hide from setup are reports. This could be achieved using Analysis Report Setup option available in Queries and Reports.Navigate through the setup option to reach the report to be hidden.

Regards

Mudit Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

As you said I navigated to the Analysis Reports Setup-->Setup.

It contains all the reports that I want to hide, but this option is not edittable for me. So I cannot duplicate it or perform any action over.

Please help!!

Vaishali.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For hiding the Query Definitions, have you tried going into the Security profile of each Object and setting the vlaue as Deny?

This is possible by going into Setup --> Accounts and Security --> Security profiles. Once you select the particular Class Level profile Name, you can then navigate to the Access Rights tab and then pull up the Queries and Report dropdown. You can set the respective values as Deny for those objects that you do not want a particular group to access.

Similarly for SRM Activities, you can set the value to Deny for 'View' access type.

Important point to note is that most of these values are inherited from the Application User Class level object.

It is possible to modify the App User profile too and not make it global to all users.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Vikram Shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

The soluation that you told is one of the ways we can do. But I want to implement the security profiles using Enterprise Workbook upload and for this I need the resource ids of the above mentioned reports.

And to manually set them in the Application User profile, I am unable to find the option in the access rights tab.

It would be helpful if you can guide me to hide these reports manually.

Thanks

Vaishali.

0 Kudos

Hi Vaishali,

Can you please follow the below steps;

It would help you to achieve the goal;

1) Navigate to Queries and reports under application user security profile.

2) Only for Quer Definitions and Query Groups set the view rights.

3) for all others set to NOT SET.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Jagamohan

former_member182305
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Vaishali,

I was trying to remove the option "HIGHLIGHTED REPORT AND QUERY DEFINITION LIST" from the setup in Application User, i tryied by accesing to to SETUP->ACCOUNTS AND SECURITY->Security Profiles-> Application User, in the Access Rights tab I selected the option Queries and Reports, the thig is that if You move any of the next sections:

Query definitions

Query Groups

Query Reports

The workbench of the user changes, some of the options get disabled.

any other option on how to remove the HIGHLIGHTED RPORT AND QUERY DEFINITION LIST form the setup in the Application User??

Thank you ESO experts.