Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need for Speed 2

Oliver_S
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Forum Admins,

what do you think about the perfomance of the forum? Do you think its ok for discussing?

Best Regards,

Oliver

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the performance is great, but unfortunately you spend a lot of time scrolling from the many blank lines to the top after the page has loaded

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly, I sometimes find myself staring at a blank page waiting for it to load, while in fact it has already done that and I just need to scroll up. That s*cks....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

ok, the new Forum is better than the old one and the performance increase. But where are now the function to change the ordering (by topic or by last Post) of the Threads?

Best Regards,

Patrick

www.NetWeaver-Forum.de - easy to use and high performance forum

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> ok, the new Forum is better than the old one and the

> performance increase. But where are now the function

> to change the ordering (by topic or by last Post) of

> the Threads?

Hi Patrick,

You win much and you loose some functionality.

We decided to go life with it ASAP, because of the improvements. We are adding the missing functionality soon too.

Please let us know what else you would like to have improved.

Enjoy, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

back Button Works now, a new Edit Function (with a Mark "massage was edit") was born, a Subscription function and I can open a new Window for a Massage. A Spell Checker!! I never seen a Forum Software with a spellchecker before - a good Feature and i need it

Very nice, you made a good Job.

Runs this Forum in the J2EE Engine (i think it must be an extra Server, is this right?)? Do you made it downloadable in the future?

Best Regards,

Patrick

http://www.NetWeaver-Forum.de

I am the edit function test

Message was edited by: Patrick Höfer

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Glad you like it.

Yes, it is running on his own box and own SAP J2EE server.

In the future we will add newsreader and email integration.

Stay tuned, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> ... a new Edit Function (with a

> Mark "massage was edit") was born, a Subscription

> function and I can open a new Window for a Massage....

Too bad the spelling checker can't show you when you're using the wrong words

I would love to open a new window every day and automatically get a massage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

i think about to go to an english course. But i thrust Marc that he implement a translation function and so I think it is better to put the money in an

CAF Course :-).

Best Regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another annoying thing: When you click on some whitespace in a topiclist, you can't use the cursorkeys to scroll through it. Weird.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just noticed that this is also the case for a replylist (like this page).

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

We are about to convert the forums over to another format. So far in testing it seems to be a lot better. I think in less than a week we will be ready.

Thanks,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

One of the major things I'm missing on these forums is Search functionality.

Also it does not remember my display settings: Each time I go here I have to change the list to 20 topics per page (the default of 5 topics is WAY too low).

It's also weird that it first comes up with the first 5 topics sorted by Topic Date, but when you change the number of topics per page it also suddenly sorts by Last Post.

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

We are planning on revising the entire Forums area within the next month. Look for major changes to occur. Meanwhile, if you want to search the forums, you can use the drop down list box under the free text entry search in the upper left corner. Select SDN Discussions and this will search only the Forums for the term you entered. The display list behavior is sort of annoying. I just automatically expand out the list to 50 whenever I go in to a forum and leave the default setting of Last Post. That makes the posts with the most recent replies appear at the top of the list and I look through those. Then to look at the latest new topic entries that have no replies yet, I go to the end of the list. Most things I am interested in reading are going to be in one of those two places.

Best Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

an other function that dont work is the back button of the browser.

This confuses the user. I think when you switch to non-ssl you have a chance to make it work.

Why do you use SSL in the Community? Here are no secret Information stored? It needs more Bandwith, it is slower and you pay money for zertificates.

Best Regards,

Patrick

-

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Is the back button not working anywhere for you? That is strange because on the Developer Areas pages I don' t have any problem.

I asked the same question about SSL, but for another area, and found out that under our current landscape and deployment scenario, https was either an all or nothing proposition, so we elected to go with the all.

Best Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

uh, you are right. The back Button is working in the Developer Area. It is not working only in the Collaboration Area.

I have the Problem with All-or-Nothin SSL in a SAP EP5.0 with KM to :-(. The Portal Works with both, but the KM dont.

Best Regards,

Patrick Hoefer

-

The Portal Engineer goes Freelancing - 140 Days left

-

Oliver_S
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

just a simple trick to get on top....

(you may count this as a feature request)

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You're right.........it works!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think for IT-Proffessionals the performance is OK because we are very sufferable and we hear the words "why it is so slow???" often enough from our Customers about our own work. So i would not say this to a colleague :-). But I think for a normal user a timegap of 15 seconds to change the number of viewed diskussions from 5 to 50 is to long.

Best Regards,

Patrick