cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Backends, e-Sourcing

gary_feist
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all, we have positioned e-Sourcing at a client that now intends to integrate to multiple backends. With the SAP Consulting Note (OSS), we can interface e-Sourcing to a single backend. Does anyone have any experience with integrating to multiple backends? Some of our initial white board sessions to resolve this include:

1. Writing some code/scripts or mapping with PI/XI to mimic the SRM BADI "determine logical system" to route the contract back to the appropriate R3.

2. Using the Portal function "Composite Application Framework" to facilitate the selection of appropriate backend systems.

If anyone has experience or comments, please provide details or point me to some documentation to support this effort. I assume someone has addressed this previously. thank you.

regards,

gary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary

We are also looking at implementing the Multiple Backend scenarios for SAp E-Sourcing integration with SAP R/3

We understand that SAP will offer this as an interface from version 6.0 onwards, however this release as of now has been cancelled and are now looking at SAp E-Sourcing version 5.1 that will have the Multiple Backend integration

Just to add to your views, we can still looking at using the splitter functionality in SAP XI to help push the messages to the respective multiple backends, however we need to create fresh Interfaces that will be used to Push from SAP E-Sourcing to SAP R/3 XML messages routed through XI

We have to take these as development initiatives and address the multiple backend integration

However, if you are able to hold on till version 5.1 is released in Q2, 2008, you need not develop these interfaces, incase its the project requirement at the moment, then you can go ahead and develop these interfaces in XI

Incase you can share some information on the Single Backend integration, please feel free to send them to tridip_chakraborthy@infosys.com

Let me know if you need more information on your subject,and the decision you finally take to address your issue

Regards

Tridip

SAP SRM Consultant

+91 9902764700

gary_feist
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank you Tridip, however I have spoken several times with our product development and e-Sourcing 5.0 is now available and only with a support note (OSS) can you integrate to a single R3. They have not said anything about capability of multiple backends so I am sending your note to them for confirmation. Do you have a contact that is confirming the multiple backends issue? I was not aware of a 5.1 version. Can you clarify please.

kind regards,

gary

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary

PFA the news on SAP E-Sourcing release in Q2-2008 from Spend matters

http://www.spendmatters.com/index.cfm/2007/12/11/SAP-SRM-MiniSummit-notes

However, I can still find out exact details from the contacts who had made me aware of this

In the meantime, inacase you are able to get more details on how to go ahead woth this integration with minimal effort, please do let me know

Regards

Tridip