cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Auction: :):(

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin/vangala/jagdish:

I am having a situation where the client wants to bring up the Live Auction Cockpit earlier to the whole SRM 4.0 Base system.

My question is that what problems would i face in processing a Live Auction without the base SRM system in the production environment. (Materials, vendors replicated from the backend which i would need?).

Can anybody tell me how this can be done? If not what are the impacts and issues that needs to be addresssed.

Please help guys !!!

Thanks,

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

LAC is a Java UI layer that is connected to SRM Server.

That means auction objects are stored in the SRM Server itself (usual CRMD_ORDERADM, BBP_PD... tables).

Master data also comes from SRM Server (vendor & contacts, materials...).

So yo can not run LAC without SRM.

LAC 2.0 is delivered with SRM 4.0 (SRM Server 5.0).

LAC 1.0 was delivered with SRM 3.0 (EBP 4.0).

Prior to this release, SAP auction tools were designed for hosted services on marketplaces (DPE, DA/DB).

If you try to plug LAC 2.0 to earlier SRM system, I doubt it could do anything.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Thanks for the suggestion. Even my intuition at first said the same.

Do you think there is anyway that we can bring up the LAC 2.0 and bring up only the requirements from a LAC perspective live in the SRM system.

Any suggestions on that?

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I was wondering if we can bring up only the LAC requirements live on the SRM system and only give LAC specific transactions to the end user till we have the whole SRM system GO-Live.

PLease let me know your views on this,i would really appreciate it

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

If You want to run only the LAC on SRM, You must configure just the basic settings on SRM e.g.:

- number ranges for bid invitations

- organizational unit in transaction PPOCA_BBP

- create local vendors

You don't have to download material master from backend system, because standalone scenario let you maintain material in creation of auction.

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for the suggestion but we need material master and vendor master record from the backend to process a live auction as we are implementing a classic scenario.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

Very helpful will be short PDF called

"SRM Plan-Driven Procurement with Plant Maintenance"

available on service.sap.com

This config guide describes how to connect R/3 system and SRM.

Regards,

Marcin