Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import orderlist to shopping cart

matthias_kasig2
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

has anybody experience in creating shopping carts not manually but "workflowish"? we have an org.unit which needs to do orders from their specific software. I don't know if it can be taken up from a flat file 'myorder.txt' somewhere on a file-server which might contain the SAP MatNr. If not, a first try might be to import it manually from EBP. Is there a way?

thanx, matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matthias,

The creation of SC's from an external system is part of the standard design of SRM.

This scenario is called Plan-Driven procurement.

Regards.

Vadim

matthias_kasig2
Participant
0 Kudos

hi vadim,

interesting fact - i just read about plan-driven procurement in help.sap.com. I am a bit surprised by the huge systemlandscape as describes in the master guide for plan-driven proc. page 40. We don't have XI, neither BW. In fact what we think about is: external service places its order in form of a flat txt.file or maybe xml in the file-system. then an ebp job should import the file and generate a shopping cart...

regards, matthias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matthias-

I am not certain I completely understand your post - but my interpretation of this is that you want to generate/create a shopping cart from an external system.

This seems like it would be large undertaking to make certain you have all of the required fields and data in correct format, but if you could get that you could likely use the BAPI "BAPI_SCEC_CREATE" to create the required shopping cart via a background process from this external file.

Just my thought on this question.

Regards-

b

matthias_kasig2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

I am anyway new to EBP and facing quite unusual challenges it seems - like creating SCs from external systems.

For the moment I don't know if the external application provides all the required fields for a SC. Your idea sounds helpful to me and I shall check the BAPI. I shall write a report, which imports a file from the file system and then calls the BAPI. I wonder if the flat file has to resemble the import parameter i_header,

regards Matthias