cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make sure what material number format is the same in SRM and R/3?

0 Kudos

Hi all!

I faced the following problem:

"Product does not exist in plant or it has been flagged for deletion". This error message occurs during shopping cart creation or during transferring purchase requisition from R/3 to SRM. It seems like SRM carries out some material checking in R/3 before shopping cart save and can't find out appropriate R/3 material. The only reason I can assume is different material number formats in SRM and R/3. Material number length is the same in both systems.

Thanks in advance,

Alexander.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

The material number format is to be replicated from R/3 to SRM with Buisiness object <b>DNL_CUST_PROD0</b> of the CRM middleware.

You can also manage the material number format manually throug SPRO.

Regards.

Vadim

0 Kudos

Hi Vadim!

Thanks for your answer. Business Object you mentioned has been replicated.

Could you please describe SPRO path to manage material number format.

Regards,

Alexander.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Sorry, but I don't have an SRM system here...

It is quitre simple to find it, because the related customizing table is the same as in R/3 as I remember.

Regards.

Vadim

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex-

We experienced this problem just recently. Our situation involved trying to add a material to the cart from an internal catalog (CCM). As mentioned earlier their is a configuration setting to indicate the number of characters the "Product" (SRM terminolgoy) or "Material" (R/3 terminology) should be. We made our setting 18 characters (same length as field in R/3). The important thing to understand is that the material number is actually defined as a character field, not a numerical field so the length of the material "number" is critical for the system to accurately check the material. Do the following and see if you correct the error.

1) Go into transaction COMMPR01 in SRM, select the search tab and choose Material in the Find box, then click start. Choose the material you are experiencing the problem on and verify that the number of characters is the same in SRM as it is in R/3.

2) Next, go into R/3 and look at table entries in MARC for the material. This will show you all the different plants associated with the material.

3) Finally, create a cart and procure the material. If you get the error message go to the basic data of the cart and verify the location (plant) is one of the plants you found in step 2. If not, change the location to one from step 2 and check the cart.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn

Actually we wanted to set the delta download in tcode

R3AC4 - Set Up Delta Load how do we do the same

can you throw some light..

regards

Nimish Sheth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

This problem looks very familier to me, we had this issue we had right material number format in SRM and R/3.

We had this issue when material flagged for deletion at client level in R/3. they put flag in SRM tran COMMPR01 shows the "Product Status - To Archive" box as checked.

We did not see this. But the material were showing up in search help and allow me to select. When the material was added to a cart, message "does not exist in plant 1391 or it has been flagged for deletion" message was displayed.

Change in material group in R/3 material, replicated to SRM thru Delta Process also caused similar error msg.

Either of this would happened in your case. Pls check that.

Thanks,

Jay

0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers.

Unfortunately I temporary have no access to the system.

I will investigate all your advices next Monday. In case of success I will mention the real error reason in this thread.

Thanks a lot,

Alexander.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Did you already checked in your backend that there was no deletion flag at all for your material master ?

Did the error message occur for all material master in SRM ?

Could you also please give us the version and patch level of your SRM and backend systems ?

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Here is the SRM path

SRM Server-> Master Data -> Products -> Define Output Format and Storage Form of Product IDs

Regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeaaah, Yann is in

0 Kudos

Formats are Ok.

May be you can assume another reason of this problem. I am lost in conjectures.

Regards,

Alexander.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alexander,

Your can work on it in 2 ways:

1) Once the material replication took place before the number format replication, your local material IDs can be different in SRM than in R/3. So replicate a new product now you've synchronized the formats, and create a SC with this new product.

2) You can manually "re-format" the material IDs in the SRM during the SC creation in the BADI change with the call of FM 'CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_INPUT'.

NB: How do you create your SC items (catalog or local product master)?

Regards.

VAdim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

It would be kind of you to reward points on your threads for helpful answers.

Has my last suggestions been of any help, where are you in your 'conjectures'.

Regards.

VAdim