cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Preferences

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Not sure if anyone is having a problem with this or not and I've looked for a way to make settings changes (maybe I'm just blind) but it's getting rather annoying to have to change the number of topics showing per page as well as the number of responses per page.

Maybe some people like only see the last 5 topics or last 5 posts but I like to see a bit more but I have to change it everytime I load a forum or go back to the same forum. Is this a bug, feature, oversight or what??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

We know about this problem, actually it is way up there on our improvements priority list. Unfortunately it is harder to change than we thought.

We will keep you posted, Mark.

dirk_basenach
Discoverer
0 Kudos

In the development team for the discussions we are aware of that problem and we are working on a solution. Unfortunately there won't be a fast solution. But it is definitely on our list.

At the moment we have a discussion how the personalization should work: if a user chooses that 20 posts should be displayed should this apply to all topics or just set the number of displayed posts in the current discussion topic?

What's your opinion?

Best regards.

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I think it should apply to all the topics in the area. I personally prefer to have the default sort order as the topics with the most recent postings at the top. Currently, these are of two distinct types. One are those with actual posting and the other are those that are new topics themselves. To seem them in correct order you have to select the number from the drop down list that allows all topics to appear at once. For instance, in this area you must pick 50. This way you see the ones with the most recent postings at the top, and the most recent topic additions appear right below this in the same time sequence order.

Best Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk, Mark,

Thanks for the reply! I sort of figured it was on the improvement list was just hoping that a quiet reminder might help to move it further along the list. It's a bit frustrating at the moment, but no so much so that I can't wait for it (now that I know it is on the way).

Keep up the good work!

Craig