cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

email notifications to the End-User ? :-)

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

Quick and easy question for SRM gurus πŸ˜ƒ

I would like to know if SRM sends any type of email notifications ?

At this moment, I have noticed that it sends only 1 email (from the Purchaser to the "bbpwlra01" guy)

Should I configure anything else in order to have more email notification in my process?

Thanks for your help guys !

Regards,

Diego

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Any advice on this ? πŸ˜ƒ

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

You can define the email notification in customizing:

SRM Server --> Cross Application --> Workflow --> define recipient of notification.

Rgds,

Pierre

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

Well.. I have noticed that SRM sends all the notification to the SAP inbox (SAP Business Workplace).

Do you know what should I do in order to send all the notifications to an external email server ?

I would like that every end-user receive all his/her notification in Outlook inbox.

Thanks for your help !!!!!!! πŸ˜ƒ

Regards. Diego

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

1- define additional parameter in profile instance:

PROT=SMTP, PORT=25, EXTBIND=1, TIMEOUT=900

2. activate SAPCONNECT (Transaction SICF)

3. Transaction SCON - define node SMTP (specify mail server, port, codepage, internet as supported address, "*" as address area

4. define job for mail sending

5. assure that all users have e-mail in their master record

6.you need to maintain domain using transaction SCOT.

From menu -> Settings ->Default Domain. ( If your company mail id is say diego@yahoo.com) then define domain as yahoo.com.

7.If your system is configured to send e-mails, then you need to check the attribute FORWARD_WI on PPOMA and then schedule a report RSWUWFMLEC to send E-mail notification for new work items.

Kind regards,

Yann

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello diego,

For this you need to define first the external communication method in transaction SO16 (in tab mail syst. group select "send to home address of user" )

Then maintain an email adress on the user 5SU01) and set his default communication method to "email".

All this is documented in transaction SO16 when calling help

Last step is to set up the external communication (SAPCONNECT as Yann described it)

Report RSWUWFMLEC generates sap office mail only for <b>dialog workitem</b> !

Rgds,

Pierre

Message was edited by: Pierre VANHOOVE

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

When you say "1- define additional parameter in profile instance:PROT=SMTP, PORT=25, EXTBIND=1, TIMEOUT=900"

Which parameter are you referring to ?

- icm/server_port_0 ?

- icm/server_port_1 ?

- another parameter ?

Thank you !

Regards,

Diego

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Diego,

Please refer to OSS note 455140

Section -> Profile parameters

Youn will find all relevant informations.

Regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i hope : icm/server_port_1 (check RZ10 or RZ11 to see defautl value)

Bertrand

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I found the parameter.. sorry πŸ˜ƒ

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

ok guys, right now Im restarting the server, let me see if it works πŸ˜ƒ

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I almost finish, the last question:

- What do you mean by "Report RSWUWFMLEC generates sap office mail only for dialog workitem"

What is a dialog workitem ?

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dialog workitem are step in worklow that require an user action: an approval, "accept change" by the requester etc.

The report RSW... is there to notify by external mail that a user have something to do in the system.

this are dialog task because waiting for a user action.

Your initial question was for notification. In workflow notifications are simple message, mails, they don't wait for a user action and are sent to sap office inbox. The transfer of mail from sap office to external mail may be automatic if correctly set up

Rgds,

Pierre

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Please do not forget to reward ))

Thanks,

Regards

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

yann,

Diego never forget to reward point

i hope this help _

Bertrand

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

Well.. now everything is working fine ! πŸ˜ƒ Thanks a lot for your help guys!! I would like to assign 10 points to everyone.. but Im not quite sure if sdn permits that . ej.eje

Regards from Mexico!

Diego

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diego-

You may want to utilize report RSWUWFMLEC which can be used to send external emails for open workflow workitems. You have the option to send email 1 per workitem or compile and send 1 per user per program run. See the program documentation for typical uses and requirements for this program.

We use this program to notify approvers of pending approval work items in addition to the notifications mentioned in the config in the previous post.

Regards-

b