cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop down list for users Cost assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have created users with multiple CC's and WBS but when they logon they do not see a drop down, none of the users has SAP_ALL or NEW(my first assumption) the old way was to enter a blank entry with just the backend and a backslash but with SRM 5 you enter the backend system differently and even if you put a backslash in it doesn't give you a drop down any one any clues please.

Oh and also checked for in herited attributes as well

Rgds

TM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Is note 753790 any use?

If the users have the f4 backend help object then you do not get a drop down, they should get binoculars and a search help box.

To get the drop down like it used to be you have to make sure they have not got the f4 backend search object.

By the way, I presume you are the Thomas May I used to work with, how are you doing?

Regards,

Dave.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In transaction SM59 you need to enter two RFC connections (one for local and one for backend). In the Define backend system step of the spro, you need to maintain two (one for local and one for EBP).

Just ensure the above mentioned settings are there, other wise do the changes and check.

Regards

Jagadheesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I have explained it wrong the normal search works perfectly well, but we want to limit users to specific Cost objects, you used to be able to do this in SRM4 and below but it seems this functionality has now gone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way, we are on SRM 5 and it works the old way, becuase our roles do not have the backend search object.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is me Dave and hanks for the note Neil got there before you though.

T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean to say that the search help for costcenter is not working though every config is complete.

Check out these OSS notes which gives valid info about the search help 746788, 656633.

Best regards,

Sridhar