cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug UP2 processes in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SRM few of the transactions use the UP2 type process for update that cannot be debugged like the normal once.For example ,in a extended classic scenario ,when you create a shopping cart and set a break point in the implementation of BADI "BBP_ECS_PO_OUT_BADI",it does not break there.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to debug UP2 processes in SRM.

We are using SRM4.0 SP8.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I am not sure to clearly understand your question but why are yout trying to debug SC if your BADI is the one called for PO ?

Your PO is not even created...

Regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

Sorry about that.The scenario is that once you create a shopping cart it creates an AUTO PO.The BADI BBP_ECS_PO_OUT_BADI will be called during the transfer of the BE PO as the shopping cart follow on process,where you can change the BE PO data.So i want to debug at that stage.

Hope it gives enough detail.

Thanks

Raghu

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

BADI BBP_ECS_PO_OUT_BADI is called during the transfer, which is done at update task FM BBP_PD_PO_TRANSFER_EXEC_V2

To go in the debug mode, you need to execute BBP_PD_PO_TRANSFER_EXEC manually with the PO guid

Function BBP_PD_PO_TRANSFER_EXEC is exactly the starting point: it calls SPOOL_DPO_TRANSFER, after setting the PO status to "in transfer to execution system". You just have to enter the GUID.

SPOOL_DPO_TRANSFER will later call the META_DPO_TRANSFER... and finally a BDPOTRANSFER ( = depends on your R/3 backend release)

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Yann (thx Chris )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yann,but i am not looking at any manual intervention and moreover this will be an auto PO which will create the PO directly in R3.

What i am really looking is to debug just like we do for a Dialog process.

Thanks

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu,

you can not simulate the dialog process from SC, because:

- SC is approved in background task (w or wo approval step)

- this background approval task is transfering the Sc into a local PO in an update task (level 2 update task)

- the local PO is created

- when local PO creation is commited, some other update tasks are created, from which the PO transfer with BBP_PD_PO_TRANSFER_EXEC_V2

So as Yann told you, you have to execute FM BBP_PD_PO_TRANSFER_EXEC in debug mode.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christophe.

robertot4s
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

About debugging badis you can consult next post:

Regards,

RCV