Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bidders notification of bid invitations, auctions and bids by email problem

Julio_Tavares
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Gurus.

This is my first post on SDN, and I'm sorry if the context of my problem is a little confuse, and my english errors... but any response pertinent will be of great value, and off course, rewarded...

I have to say too, that I'm participating of my first implementation of SRM, and if the responses been detailed, i will appreciate that.

I'm configuring the workflow for SRM 5, SP 9, and my problem is relative to bidder notification by e-mail. When an auction is published, I supposed that an e-mail should be sent to bidders, but isn't. By the SBWP, I made a test, sending a message to myself, and i received with success. Making other process, like shopping cart, I saw the workitem created, but with a auction published, I don't see one. I mean, my problem is know why the message generated for the bidder invitation aren't going to SCOT.

I already configured the a job for program, RSWUWFMLEC, and RSWUWFML2 (for test), and nothing. I don't scheduled yet the program RSCONN01 because I don't want that email be sent, and only fall on SOST.

I already check the configuration of (FORWARD_WI) 'Flag: Forward work item'', maintained on PPOMA_BBP, and looks fine.

So, any suggestion? Is a workflow process that is responsible to generate the email to be sended, or is any configuration of EBP ? Somebody could describe the process of notification (email) to bidders ?

Thanks in advance.

Julio Tavares

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dennis_bruder
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the Bidding Engine the email is sent out by the application. The methods of function group BBP_OUTPUT are used.

Let's do a simple check if the functionality "Inform bidders about changes" is also not working. You can find this button below your invited bidders.

If this will not work as well, please set a breakpoint in the following form routine:

Function Group: BBP_BID_INV

Form: fcode_inf_sel_bidder

Before an email is sent out, the system checks e.g. the status, so please analyze the above mentioned form.

Regards

Dennis

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Julio_Tavares
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I solved my problem.

The problem was a parameter change, like following:

1.Got to transaction bbp_po_action_def

2.Select BBP_PD_AUC in action profile and double click on 'Action

definition'

3.Set the 'processing time' to 'Processing when Saving document'

4. Also double click on Processing types on left hand side

5. Tick Smart Forms Mail as default

Ensure the email addresses of the vendors are maintained.

Thanks to all.

Julio Tavares

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

I assume, that all the settings for email configuration are done and you are

able to get the approval mails for shopping carts.

For the missing emails, first go to the task specific customizing (SPRO -

Business Workflow) and check the tasks and their numbers; e.g. TS 14507929

With these numbers, go to trx SWL1 and make sure, that each of them has a

EC_DECISION in the first column and a EC_MAIL in the third one.

If an entry is missing, just create one by copying an existing entry and enter the

the task number and the settings.

Cheers,

Claudia

Julio_Tavares
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

Thanks by our response. My problem is in "process auction" scenario, but, like you said, I tried to go on transaction OOCU (SAP -> SRM -> SRM-EBP -> SRM-EBP-WFL -> Assign Agents), and there I get all the tasks respective to my purpose ( send email to bidder/bids after a auction is published ). But, this tasks are Background tasks, so, I suppose that isn't necessary put they in the transaction SWL1. But, I tried of same way, and didn't work...

After make the auction, I go to SCOT, to see if is something there related to email for "auction" invitation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please provide system versions, scenario and support pack details of SRM system.

<u>Please elaborate clearly with detail steps, when this problem is happening. Make sure that E-mail configuration is done correctly by BASIS Team</u>

<b>Meanwhile, please go through the following links / SAP OSS Notes -></b>

<u>Note 958526 - No e-mail sent during bid approval</u>

Note 975784 - Bid invitations cannot be approved directly

Note 765771 - Workflow error when creating a purchase order from bid

Note 972265 - BidderBADIWorkflow: Subsequent approvals not carried out

Note 854207 - Various problems when you request an external employee

Note 962746 - Bidding - Approval preview not updated for manager

Note 721830 - Problems in RFI / temporary labor process

Note 715964 - Error in the authorization check in the approval

Note 690716 - Authorization check in approval

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Julio_Tavares
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Thanks for your answer. I checked the notes that you send me, but none help me. The note 958526 is already applied and the others don't is like my problem.

About the SRM System version

SRM_SERVER : Release 550, Highest Support Package SAPKIBKT09

SAP_BASIS : Release 700, Highest Support Package SAPKB70012

The scenario of from is the following:

In the "scenario" of Auction creation (Operational Purchaser -> Sourcing -> Process Auction), I'm creating a Auction, choosing the bidder/bids, and publishing the auction. Then, by the research that I made, by help sap and SDN too, I know that an email should be sent for the vendor, right? So, to see the email that should be sent for vendors, I go to transaction SOST ( like I sad before, the job of program RSWUWFMLEC, who sends the supposed 'work item' to SOST, is scheduled), but is nothing there (have other process generated by shopping cart, but of auction, nothing). To found the error, I tried go to transaction SWI1 too, where I can see the work items generated by workflow, but isn't there too.

So, that´s my problem scenario.

If anything still unclear, please let me know.

Thanks again...

Julio

email: julhones@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Please try this SAP OSS Note and its Related OSS Notes as well -></b>

<u>Note 996708 - Suppliers have not received Auction invitations</u>

<i>Some other related OSS Notes</i>

Note 1017778 - Approver as sender of e-mails

Note 904186 - E-mails are not sent completely

Note 1005989 - How does automatic and manual awarding work with auctions?

Note 734894 - Bid is generated for bid invitation, not for auction

Note 860891 - Accept bid: Bidder receives mail from WF batch (2)

Note 1061426 - Incorrect sender for the accepted bid.

Note 1066530 - RSPPFPROCESS: short dump CALL_FUNCTION_PARM_UNKNOWN

Note 821619 - e-mail output: IV_COMPANY field is not filled

Note 796887 - Error message during sending of bid invitation

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Julio_Tavares
Explorer
0 Kudos

Anyone can help me?

Or somebody could tell me if when I publish a auction, i should see a work item on document, by the transaction bbp_pd ?