SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert material master data in article data

sharamp
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possible to convert a material master into a article master in Sap Retail. Or are there some issues in the follow-up processes? We have already material master from SAP industry in our SAP Retail and would like to convert them?

Thanks in Advance

Sharam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paul_gendreau
Contributor

This is possible in S/4HANA, with constraints, of course.

Please see SAP Note 2843173 - Report to convert standard material to retail single article.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

paul_gendreau
Contributor

This is possible in S/4HANA, with constraints, of course.

Please see SAP Note 2843173 - Report to convert standard material to retail single article.

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

thank you very much for your fast response and for the SAP Note. What are the constrains? In generell what do you recommend how to transfer (convert or to migrate) the existing material master in SAP Industry to article master in a new SAP Retail S/4 system?

Thanks in Advance

Sharam

paul_gendreau
Contributor

Hello zafer2 - I believe that I misunderstood your question. SAP Note 2843173 would be applicable if you have existing Materials in an S/4HANA system that you wish to convert to Retail Articles. That assumes, of course, that the SAP Retail system already has implemented Retail configuration and significant dependant master data and master data business processes.

If you are asking how to best migrate an ECC 6.0 manufacturing system to a new S/4HANA Retail system, which is a different question, then my advice is very different 🙂

First, if you are new to SAP Retail, then I recommend that you read this short blog: SAP Retail for SAP (non-Retail) Experts.

Second, there are two deep dives to understand:

• The Secret of SAP Retail Master Data (13-minute video) explains the SAP Retail concept of Reference Handling, which enables maintaining large volumes of master data with least effort.

With these Retail Master Data concepts in mind, I believe that you will agree that the transition from manufacturing to SAP Retail is no small thing. There is no practical possibility for such restructuring in a System Conversion.

Your approach for adopting S/4HANA in this scenario must be New Implementation (and conventional data migration), or some flavor of Selective Data Transition. To learn more about Selective Data Transition please review: 3 Paths to S/4HANA, not 2!

Yin_Kim
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possible to convert a article master in Sap Retail into a material master for SAP S/4 Hana, Or are there some issues in the follow-up processes? We have already article master from SAP retail must be converted into normal S/4 HANA, not Retail S/4 Hana.

Thanks in Advance