SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for the steps to configure CM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

Can anyone help me with basic steps to start the configuration on CM?

Like the way we have Actions in HR, do we have something to conduct the admission or registration process here?

I was trying to conduct admission directly on Student File, but it is throwing some error related to BP roles?

Do we need to configure BP Roles and groupings, if yes, could anyone help with few starting steps or the broad sequence for SLCM, where to begin.

Thanks a lot,

Raj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

In BP Roles , check whether PSCM10 Role grouping is present .

For Reference :

SAP Business Partner->Basic Settings->Business Partner Roles->Define Role groupings .

<b>Steps :</b>

1.Assign number ranges and create the students

2.Check whether Business Partner is also created where BP roles plays a main role .

3.Then go for admissions after student creation has been done successfully.

help.sap.com would be of great help .

Regards,

Gajalakshmi

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You will have to configure the BP Roles and groupings to begin with and then create the academic calendar and program of study before registering the students.

Work on the BP roles and then check if you are getting the error and revert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

In BP Roles , check whether PSCM10 Role grouping is present .

For Reference :

SAP Business Partner->Basic Settings->Business Partner Roles->Define Role groupings .

<b>Steps :</b>

1.Assign number ranges and create the students

2.Check whether Business Partner is also created where BP roles plays a main role .

3.Then go for admissions after student creation has been done successfully.

help.sap.com would be of great help .

Regards,

Gajalakshmi

0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your response.

I have created PSCM10 Role grouping, but getting "No BP roles exist with BP role category MKK"...

As per SAP Help, we need to created one Student and another Role as Contract Partner.

But not able to create both roles categores to one .

getting this error:

<b>No BP roles exist with BP role category MKK

Message no. R11553</b>

Thanks and Regards

Devendra

0 Kudos

Hi Devendra,

Check first do u have PSCM10 and MKK roles in Define BP Roles .

If not the roles are missing in the system , then it will not work for creating students .

This will be a problem for FI also as MKK role is related to them and not only for CM .

Whenever a student is created , the system should automatically creates the business partner no .

Regards,

Gajalkshmi .

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Gajalakshmi, for your reply.

It was really helpful and I could create one student data.

Still it is showing some errors like BUPA not Found etc. and showing some setting errors.

Are we suppose to set BP Roles and relevant settings or it is set by some other teams?

Regards,

Devendra

0 Kudos

Hi Devendra,

The BP Roles are not only used by CM but it is used by others also .

Wherever you add or change the BP Roles , its going to affect the BP Roles .

( ie) Wherever business partner concept is used , the BP Roles are used .

Fi ,CO, Funds Management team will give you a clear picture regarding this .

Can you expalin your BUPA problem with respect to your error which you are getting .

Regards,

Gajalakshmi .

0 Kudos

Hi Gajalakshami,

Thanks a lot for your inputs.It was very good exploration and learning today.

BUPA error was nothing but was to check the settings for students as business partner.That includes the BP Role Cat, BP Role View etc, which we were suppose to define in BP Roles.As well as Map Form of address/Marital Status and Language settings.

So in all I could resolve most of my errors in settings.

Thanks for inputs from you and Ramesh.

Regards,

Devendra

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I offer here for you a IMG Configuration Cookbook that walks you through much of the basic configuration for Student Lifecycle Management. You should ignore the references to BC Sets here. They have only been released to a few pilot customers, and there is no facility to release them generally until later this year, at the earliest.

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks a lot for the cookbook.It was of great help.

It would be wonderful if you could send such materials if there are anymore of them.

0 Kudos

<i><b>Wonderful help, Michael...Thanks a lot.</b></i>

It will give right direction and save lot of time for everybody who is just entering in this domain, with the intention to make a career in this.

If there are any more such documents, it will be great, if that can be shared here.

Thanks once again.

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I've been trying to get your "IMG Configuration Cookbook" but i can't, even when I select "save target as". Could You please please upload it again? or maybe You could send it to my e-mail: ara_da_ra@yahoo.com.mx

Thanks a lot!

Araceli Damian

0 Kudos

Araceli,

Have you tried to save the attachment from the 'Sticky Thread' at the top of the forum?

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Yes, I've already tried but it didn´t function. Today I tried again and finally I got it!

Thanks a lot.

Araceli