SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can Transportation Facility for Students be captured ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Educational institutions would usually have transport facility for students. This facility might be operated either by themselves or they might outsource the same. In either of the cases, if the data has to be captured, how would we do so?

One solution that comes to mind is using the Transportation Management module of SCM.Is there some other way of doing it in HE-R or in HR-Training and Event Management ?

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Could you mention, few things which you want to capture in transportation?

ie. Booking for the particular buses, Fee collection report or Route or what exactly?

It may not be the direct solution, but I believe, we can try something in Training &Event mgmt.

Regards,

Dev

0 Kudos

Hi Sharda,

It could be something like capturing the details of transportation facilities available,students who are to travel in a particular route and the exact bus that they need to travel in,the various routes,bus timings ....and anything of this sort.Im sure educational institutes would come up with this requirement.

0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

<b>Not sure, if not look relevant, it will atleast give you a chance to laugh...</b>

Till the time SAP CM comes up with solution for Transport, if it is necessary, I hope all relevant reports can be generated in Tra&Eve Mgmt by configuring Business Event group as Transport System and Business Event type as "Bus-Route1" "Bus-Route2" "Bus-Route3" etc etc.

Now, you can schedule as per their start and end time of destination.

Internal/External Price can be decided.

In Reports: you can check "Bus route 1 "demand /Attendence/Booking etc etc...

And students can be assigned to Bus of their Route, I mean to particular Business event...

It's simple manipulation, not the right way...but could not get the right solution.I am not sure if something is there in 3rd party solution.

Regards,

Dev

0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

Thanks for putting it in "Very helpful answer" category.

However, if you could mention your reaction on its utility, ie, if you could get the expected results etc., it will helpful for all of us to understand.

Regards,

Dev

0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

In furtherance to your previous post,the solution per-se is good.I'l configure the same in the system and check if there are any new scenarios that crop up as a result and then revert.