cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

one user got locked sometimes , but I dun know why, any way to trace this?

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your reply's.

I am Jetendra working for HP but i did not raised this question, How can some one use my ID to raise a question.

Boss who ever i need a explanation and stop using my ID.

Sorry to disturd you all.

Regards,

Jetendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can some one use my ID to raise a question.

I can understand your anger at this.

Most common cause however is installing your SAP Passport client certificate on a PC which you not always or no longer have control over. Then you are at the mercy of the honesty of the persons who subsequently have access to the PC.

This appears to have been the case here. Were you recently in Beijing, China?

Anyway, SAP are looking into it and I will ask them to delete the certificate from the PC as well if you can confirm that this is the case.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

My name is Bin and works in HP China. I and Jetendra works in one SAP project.

Recently I met one prbolem with the integration between HP software and SAP System.

This problem delayed my demo and I can not close the project before end of year. I raised SAP support ticket 35505 2010 to SAP Service Marketplace by using the S user owned by Jetendra since the problem system is registered under this S user.

Due to timezone issue, I can not work in Europe time so I have to contact SAP China support to get the help in China timezone. Snow Wang helped me during this timezone. We hold the conference call and make the troubleshooting together. Unfortunately, the problem can not be solved till now. Before we stopped the conference call,

Snow suggested me to record the topics we discussed in the call for his effort since the troubleshooting took him several hours. I think this is normal requirement from SAP support and it makes sense. But I had serious network problem to access SDN at that time. So I authorized Snow Wang to record these topics in SDN. This is the whole procedure. I hope this can clarify all the discussions. And I already sent email to Jetendra about it.

@Jetendra, Sorry for bringing trouble to you. I should contact you firstly about the conference call.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

I'm responsible for SCN in China. My colleague emailed me when this issue occurred. I've already contacted Snow and the explanation from Snow is as same as Bin's. I've also found out Bin doesn't have his own SCN account in our system.

In addition, Snow doesn't have any motivation to hunt points. Because

1. He's never had this kind of behavior before.

2. He doesn't need to gain points.

However, I reckon the behaviors are suspicious. After I discussed with my colleagues, all of these suspicious points were removed in this morning. I'm sorry for all confusion. In fact, we apply very severe punishments to our internal employees. There's no speical privilge to SAP employees at all.

Happy New Year

Shengtao

former_member215759
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As explained by Bin, the thread was created to record the discussions in the conference call, and creation was authorized. It was not to gain points in purpose by cheating nor hijacking. I hope you will still believe honesty and professionalism from SAP as you always do. Next time, I will put this into a wiki or a blog to avoid such confusion.

I have to say sorry because this issue brought some misunderstanding and confusion.

At last wish everyone here a Happy New Year.

Regards,

Snow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moral of the story: Never ever give your password to someone else!!!!

@ Snow:

SM20 to activate the secure audit trace

Not correct. It is the Security Audit Log and is activated in transaction RZ10 using parameter rsau/enable = 1 and then setting a filter on SM19.

I find it confusing that you spent hours working on something this simple and well documented on SDN ( see ) and still found it necessary to re-document it on SDN, giving ponits to yourself for partly incorrect answers and comments / greetings (see the other threads).

@ Shengtao:

Can you also take a look into another topic please? --> the moderators of the Chinese forums have a "clone user " which asks questions in the ABAP Development forums. The answers given are then used by SAP employees to answer questions back in the Chinese forums and the moderators assange the ponits to the SAP employees - all within a few minutes (just like this case here with Snow). The only delay is waiting for the real answers in the main ABAP forums to arive.

Do you know about this?

Cheers and all the best for 2011!

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

giving ponits to yourself for partly incorrect answers and comments / greetings (see the other threads).

That's the reason why i don't buy this, If only for documentation reasons, then why the points? Assigning points once as a mistake: ok. Assigning several points as a mistake? That's not a mistake.. that's deliberate.

And we'll never know whether it's the real Jetendra posting or Bin (or who ever).

So yes, SDN just lost a lot of the trust/respect i had.

moderators assange the ponits to the SAP employees

Assange? Freudian slip of the fingertips on the keyboard?

Edited by: Maen Anachronos on Dec 31, 2010 10:25 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

And we'll never know whether it's the real Jetendra posting or Bin (or who ever).

Exactly that is the reason why you should not share your password or other logon credentials with other people.

Luckily this is only a problem on the surface in this case, as we have a system called Nostradamus which we use to catch stuff this. It has the ability to predict behaviour and match the expected results to the real ones, look for known patterns matching gaming templates from a DB of past games, etc.. but can also do route traces. Here, Snow, Bin and Jetendra are whom they claim (except for the first 4 posts by Jetendra, which where made by Snow).

assange the ponits

A little amusement snack for an otherwise silly issue - what with the ponits system achievements, annual "contest" results, active user statistics, etc being counted together as we speak...

For one I will be happy to see the back of this, but otherwise 2010 was great and wish you all the best for 2011.

Cheers,

Julius