Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

Top Weblogs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know how a weblog gets into the <b>topweblogs for the past month category</b>

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/weblogs.sdn?blog=/pub/q/top_weblogs

Regards

Raja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

It is a rolling 30 days list. The more people read your blog the better are your chances for a high place on the top 25 list.

Because we are not dividing the number of views by the number of days that a Weblog post has been out there the older Weblog posts have a slight advantage. But if your Weblog is really good you can climb the ranks quite fast like Horst Keller is doing at the moment with ABAP Geek 9 posted on the 3rd of May and already on place 13.

That is all. Hope that answers your question, Mark.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I asked this question because two of my weblogs, posted on April 3rd where on top 25 list (one at position 3 and the other other some where around 11 or 12).

But suddenly its totally out of the list.

Regards

Raja

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Both of them got posted on the 3rd of April and after 30 days on the 4th of May dropped off the list. This is why it says: Top Weblog entries for the past month.

So if you write a new one this time it may make it to the top.

Good luck, Mark.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification.

Regards

Raja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think it is based on number of people who have read your weblog.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you look at your weblog you'll see that it has a "rank" which the better the rank the higher on the top 25 it goes. Or so to my understanding.