cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need advice--confused

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello friends,

I am little confused about my career.I am indian who completed B.E in electronics and moved to finland in 2003 as a fresher.got nothing...so continued working small jobs....got health problems....now in 2008...moved to ireland.I am citizen of EU rightnow.so no visa restrictions right now for EU.can settle and work anywhere in EU.now in good health trying to get focus on getting good job.like to work in management field but like to work some years in IT and get some work exp before studing MBA.

I really donot have so much interest into writing codes and stuff.....would like to work in IT as its highly paid...so my friend suggested me SAP BI/BW.....he said as i have technical background......and want focus on business field....this can be good option....or FI but as i donot have finanace exposure....BI/BW is good to start with......he suggested me to go to India..learn stuff seriously...comeback and apply for jobs....AS all of you are experienced in SAP and saw life before reaching the place where u are now....I wanna ask second opinions from you if it good way to start dealing with my career or Am i living in dreams?

Please suggest.I will be greatful for your valuable time......

NW

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So BW is the vocation for people who don't like to code, but want to get rich soon !

Having been in BW for god knows how long, I am firmly convinced that nothing worthwhile can be done in any BW project unless you can code (or tell a programmer clearly what he/she should do).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To begin with, I would suggest, like Craig, use your real name, that way people can start addressing a genuine person.

Coming to your qeustions, personally, I think, it will be good if you can get some understanding of a business before getting into any area of SAP. BW/BI would be good but then you need a good business understanding to begin with...

Good Luck

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

First if you are coming into a professional forum wanting honest advice - be honest with us "new rider"? I doubt that is your name.

2008 is the year of transparency didn't you know?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought it was the year of the Rat?

Probably better off learning Business Objects looking at the roadmap i've just read on the front page.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"would like to work in IT as its highly paid"

This should never be your first motivation for a job/career.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How true!

Chris,

You remind me of the people in this car forum that I am a member of.

======================================

"would like to work in IT as its highly paid"

This should never be your first motivation for a job/career.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How true!

Chris,

You remind me of the people in this car forum that I am a member of.

You're a member of OTHER forums! *gasp* (haha)