cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save and keep the thread locally ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I find the information or solution in the thread useful, how do i download and save the thread locally in my computer ?

I know that I can save the link of the thread, but if I am not online I will not be able to read it or if link is no longer exist then I will not be able to view it.

I have tried to export or print the thread to PDF file using software PrimoPDF and PDF995, but the contents in the PDF output are not complete.

I didn't export it in my browser to HTML as I don't prefer to view my document in browser.

Please advise if there are other options to save and download the thread.

Thanks.

Regards,

Kent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kent,

The best solutions I can think of are, in addition to what Babu suggested:

1. Save the link - but as you said, it requires being connected to the internet

2. Save the page as mht file- you'll still view it in your browser but you can be offline. What do you have against your browser?? Is it IE by any chance?

3. Copy the contect to another program, Microsodt Word for example, clumsy as it is.

Best Regards,

Hilit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu & Hilit,

Thanks for the suggestion. I think SDN should include a "convert to PDf" in the thread just like how SAP Notes pages do.

Thanks.

Regards,

Kent

faisal_altaf2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Kent

Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional can solve out your problem when you will install this on your system it will also install a printer with name Adobe PDF, so after installing this when you will go to print any think you will be able to select this Printer this will Convert any of your Document in to PDF format even Thread you want.

I have this one on my system and i can do as you want.

Best Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Unfortunately that require money to buy.

I am using freeware PrimoPDF and PDF995 to convert document to PDF but it doesn't work well in SDN thread.

Thanks.

Regards,

Kent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kent,

Have you tried CutePDF Writer. Seems to work well.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

I have downloaded "CutePDF Writer" and tried. The result is same as using "PrimoPDF and PDF995", the output of the PDF still cannot copy the whole thread.

Thanks.

Regards,

Kent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have found the solution, there is this service to convert a web page to PDF

http://www.expresspdf.com/

It manages to convert my thread to a readable PDF in a correct layout.

Thanks.

Regards,

Kent

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kent,

Not sure about the entire thread, but a post reply can be e-mailed.

You can click on e-mail button on the top right corner of every reply to the post and send it to the e-mail

Thanks,

Babu Kilari