cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WWI- 2 questions about editing reports- Blank compressions and Multilanguage in 1 template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings!

Ok i am well sort of new or not really, but had only 2 day course for WWI, now i am getting the drift slowly. but i still a couple questions:

1.  is it possible to add, say in legal declerations section of my report to be shown in more than one language?  the template is in EN but in one section to have say Product legal name in 4 other languages included.

Product name:       Bread

to add   French, German, Spanish and etc.

I think under a a repeating group but from there on I dont get it.   Something with Generation variant and a repeating group in the template.  Can someone help me out here?

2..  Now i have to like blank compression an entire report, but my  question is, how do i get rid of those Extra spaces when i have a blank compression.

3.  How many of you think WWI is a pain in the A**?    it never runs constant and drives me nuts. or mabye because i am already crazy. hahah love WWI!

thanks

a person lost in WWI

Anna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah, very insteresting.  THanks for the tips where to look and all.

This WWI topic is interesting, can be pain but is interesting. Just wish pple would understand the complex and hard work with this tool.

Other question i have, is there a  WWI handbook or so- other than searching and googling all day?

thanks

Anna

PS:  thanks for the tip CB about future prespestives in this Area!

Ralph_P
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anna,

There is no WWI handbook I know of available . As Christoph stated, this is learning by doing. Sometimes it helps to preserve sniplets of particularly nasty code (that took you a long time to figure out how to do it) in a separate Word document.

If you manage to output chapter 14 properly, then you really understood WWI

Ralph

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anna

only an add on to Ralph's remark: Chapter 14 in WWI is "easy" in comprison to some "label" topics (e.g dynamic font sizing etc.); with GLM Labels you will have clearly more fun; the same might be true regarding SOPs (Standard operating procedures) or other complex reports.

SAP did a good job here and WWI is enhanceed step by step if needed (e.g. REACh etc.).

It is "clear" that to "debug" WWI is not the same as to work with ABAP debugger.

Therefore: never give up ; there is always a solution; therefore don't panic; after a while you get experienced with the tool

C.B.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anna

regarding 1:

the answer depends a little bit on the design of your layout. The demand you are looking for is "standard" in the area of label and therefore clearly there is a solution in place in WWI.

The topic is explained in one of these subchapter:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/a7/2871f60a6c11d28a220000e829fbbd/content.htm?framese...

Check chapter: Example: Repeating Group of Type G

regarding 2:

2..  Now i have to like blank compression an entire report, but my  question is, how do i get rid of those Extra spaces when i have a blank compression.

This is a matter of "learning by doing"

Regarding 3:

As stated in http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41109 WWI topics are rated as "top 5" questions in this FORUM; you need roughly one year experience in using WWI to really now what is gooing on; any two day training is just a "starter"

Over the last 5 year WWI "growed" regarding complexity but as well functionality. If you are the expert then there will a clear chance on job market as this experience is searched for very often.

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know??  Please help!!!!!