Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer Printer config for GLM-Zebra printer not able to find

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

The zebra printer is set up in WWI server and was able to print the label also .It means the zebra printer is able to detect the printer in wwi . Now I want to transfer that printer to GLM but it is not showing any printer . The sap note 972333-using different print drivers for EHS refer to create another separate generation server but I know that this note is old and we should be able to use one generation server for zebra printer as well . Is there any user-exit we need to do for this or refer some latest note .

M D

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear M D

I do not understand what you have done. You mention: "The zebra printer is set up in WWI server and was able to print the label also .It means the zebra printer is able to detect the printer in wwi " and then in the next paragraph you mention: " Now I want to transfer that printer to GLM but it is not showing any printer . "

PLease explain: what you have done in first step, then we can discuss deeper second part.

I shortly checked the OSS note. This is dedicated to "asynchron" server set up. In GLM Scenrio you use for printign only dynchron set up. Here you have "less" enhancement options. Did you read WWI cookbook?? PLease check on top:

C.B.

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello C B ,

We did set up driver for zebra in wwi test server . Without routing through GLM we were able to get the print from the server . Now the next thing I tried was to bring the zebra printer through " transfer printer " in GLM . It did not detect the printer . When I went to cbgl_mp01 ,it gave me message ,the proper printer was not found . It also opened the Glmpt  print box ,I selected my printer and gave command ,It actually did not connect to the printer and was not able to print . I just selected some desktop file and gave print command ,it was printing.It means I was trying to print lpf file locally through  Glmpt program . Let me know if I need to provide more information on this . Hope this time you got the necessary information .

Regards,

M D

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear M D

Only a "short" list of hints (anything else. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY WWI COOKBOOK !)

a.) first you need to prepare the WWI server set up (including printer drivers etc.)

b.) then you need to think about which GLM set up you would like to use. There are normally two steps; one step is generating the raw report and the next steo the final report. This is done during the GLM process (transaction cbgl_mp01) (PAY ATTENTION: other options in the context of this set up exist based on GLM set up !!)

Depending on number and type of WWI servers: you should make sure that any WWi server does have the "same" set up !! If not, you will not succeed to get a stable productive environment (and even if you succeed in doing there are further challenges in daily life !; this is shown by a lot of threads in this FORUM)

Now it is very critical to understand: how did you attach the WWI server to SAP? synchron or asynchron? Describe your WWI set up ! It is important so that may be somebody could help

In any case: you are right. The set up of a working GLM WWI setup can be a "frustrating" challenge; if you read cross in this FORUM then you will detect that set up of WWI scenario is beloging to the "top 10" asked questions (and most of the persons asked for help here has been as frustrated as you).

There is a lot of helpful staff mentioned in this FORUM. PLease check carefully

C.B.

Answers (0)