cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EC extension points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Is there any documentation about how to write extension points in SAP EC?

In function giude I could find just a couple of words that you can insert custom extension point implementation by JNDI name. But how to write this implementation? Is there any rules?

I appreciate any help.

Best Regards,

Pavel 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Already did it. As I've already told I found just a couple of words about integration of implementation by JNDI name.

But I need to have idea how to write this implementation. Any example, rules or guide.

former_member209335
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel,

Extensions point are developed by customers based on predefined interfaces and are delivered in separate software components (in custom Java Name Space). Customer development should be do in the SAP NWDI Landscape,which supports the deployment on a setup system landscape example (DEV -->TEST-->PROD).

SAP Environmental Compliance provides several extension points where those Extension Points can be integrated into EC (see more information as C.B mentioned link)

Example.

I think is this very useful for you. If you need more information about extension points provide what is your exact requirement? described some information about you requirement or scenario.

Edward

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edward,

That's already interesting.

This DMSPlugin what kind of application is this? WebDynpro? And what are these "predifined interfaces" which I should use for my developments?

The problem is that at the moment I don't have clear picture in my mind about extension posibilities. I see these extension spots in configuration where I can add something developed by me. But I have no idea what I should specify in these extension spots - web dynpro application, J2EE application or something else, and how it will look like from the end-user point of view if I add, for example, an extension to Emission tab.

Can you bring some light to these questions.

Best Regards,

Pavel

former_member209335
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paval,

Question 1) This DMSPlugin what kind of application is this?

DMS plugin is Document  Managment application component (CA-DMS) .(Document management provides a wide range of editing functions to enable you to create and manage documents of your choice)

More information about document application component have look below mention URL

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/42/d385947fec5043e10000000a1553f6/content.htm?frame...

Question # 2  WebDynpro? And what are these "predifined interfaces" which I should use for my developments?

Yes,Development and implementation information see here sap EC Implementation guide : Topic 4.4.11.2 Setup of Extension Point (SAP Knowledge Management)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/42/d259f55d745043e10000000a1553f6/content.htm?frame...

Extension Points

EC- Environmental compliance providing some optional to Customizing Applications with the Extensibility Configuration Framework.  The advantage of extension point allows exchanging, or actually redirecting to different interface implementations during the runtime of an application. That means you can access the data different application.

You can create extension points for the interfaces of the following development objects:

Enterprise JavaBeans (EJBs)

Composite Application Framework (CAF)

Web Dynpro (WD)

Extensibility configuration frame work

The picture below illustrates a EJB use case in which the default implementation of an EJB interface is exchanged with different implementations. In the example, Bean 1 contains the default initial implementation which will be exchanged with additional implementations, while Bean 2 is the bean that has a relation to Bean1 based on the interface. This concrete usage relation between the beans acts as an extension point. You can see the special symbol that indicates that an extension point is created below.

Example 2, your application has a Web Dynpro based user interface (with defined extension points) and it is shipped to your customers. But one of your customers requests a slightly different user interface that fits into an already established company outlook. So using the extensibility configuration framework, the application user interface which is implemented using Web Dynpro development objects can be modified in a way that meets the customer needs.

In a similar case, your application has a Java EE based business logic (with defined extension points) and it is shipped to your customers. A customer requests a small modification of the business logic to comply with specific state or local financial regulations. Then using the extensibility configuration framework, the implementation of several business logic development objects can be exchanged to comply with the regional or company regulations such as calculating the company year taxes (bonuses), tracking personnel vacations, and so on.

FYI about extension point. See the below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce72/helpdata/en/c1/38230934614458870f6b81e81296db/frameset.htm    

Edward

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great explanation. Thank you very much.

Answers (0)