cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EC export data to ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am fairly new to SAP EC, and we have a requirement to export measurements, consumptions and emissions data out of EC to ECC. I found web services in EC that provides an import (input) functionality. Is there a web service we can use to to export the data out of EC into ECC?

Thanks,

Abdul.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abdul

By using below method you can export the data from EC

1. Create an empty folder on the NW server. Set up grant full permission for user SAPService<SID> on the folder.

2. Start the Export tool. Since EC 30 SP15 you can start the tool in the EC tools menu “Content Export”. or use the direct URL:

http://<host>:<port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/technidata.de/ecs~migtool~main~wd/ECExportContent

Note: The application is not part of the EC portal content and the EC 3.0 user needs Environmental Compliance admin permissions. The application needs the permission action “EC_ExportImportData”.

3. Select the folder on the Import content UI.

4. Select an export option.  Export all data (system copy)  Export configuration data  Export for SAP EC Maintenance  Export by XML definition file  For this option, you need to select an XML definition file

5. Start the export of data. During the export process, the EC 3.0 system is in system copy mode. That means all persistency operations in EC 3.0 are stopped.

6. After the export, the “Reset System Copy Mode” popup appears. You have to reset the copy mode. After this reset, the EC persistency operations are available again.

Balajee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the instructions Balajee, but wouldn't your solution give me a snap shot of the data at the time of exporting it? I guess I wasn't clear on what I am trying to accomplish here. I am developing a program in ECC that one of its functionality is to display some EC data, so I need real-time read access to consumption,measurement and emission.

Thanks,

Abdul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

The issue (import/export Data from EC to ECC) is already discussed here, http://scn.sap.com/thread/3495403.

Regards

Subash Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subash,

the link you provided is pointing to this thread...

Thanks,
Abdul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul!

Sorry for the error. The issue (import/export Data from EC to ECC) is already discussed here,

Regards

Subash Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Subash, i have looked at this thread before, but the requirement to set the PM integration with EC is far more complex than what I am trying to achieve. I am just building a program in ECC that should have a functionality of displaying EC data (measurements, emissions and consumption values) in real time.