cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Template Layout Editing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have few questions to check with you with regards to the report creation process.

I read on the SAP help portal and it states the report creation process.

Step 1 u2013 Create Report template (i.e. using CG42)

Step 2 u2013 Edit the report layout

I am stuck on this step as the explanation on this report template layout editing is very confusing.

Two Questions:

1 u2013 Do you have any documentation or any website (i.e. other than SAP help portal) that explain the step by step with screenshot on how to edit the report template layout? if you have the document can you send to me using my profile address?

2 u2013 If I want to import a report template (i.e. a report template that had already went through all the editing process), how to import it into the SAP, what steps and what transaction codes is used for this step?

Thanks

Karen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thanks, however, I still have question on your two replies.

Your 1st reply to my 2nd question:

My question is:

1 u2013 What is difference between T.code CG3Z & T.Code to CG34? I bet the one that allow me to import the report template is CG34?

Your 2nd reply to my 1st question:

My question is:

1 u2013 How do I drag and drop those symbol into the Microsoft word sheet on the right screen?

My last question:

2 - After I had imported an external report template into the SAP, how to open it up in the SAP in order to allow me to view it or to edit it?

Thanks

Karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

Q) What is difference between T.code CG3Z & T.Code to CG34? I bet the one that allow me to import the report template is CG34?

Ans: e.g. you file has saved on Desktop. so first step is to upload the file from Deskop to Application Server which is CG3Z

and once it is uploaded to Application Server ( Directories), you can import the template from Application Server ( Directories) to Libraries with the help of CG34.

CG34 can only import from Directories and not from the Desktop. so both the T.code must be used in sequential manner.

Q) How do I drag and drop those symbol into the Microsoft word sheet on the right screen?

Ans: once you open the CG42. here select the Symol Tree which is nothing but the Property Tree of Specification Workbench.

selec the appropriate Value Assignment and Characterstic and then Below to that that is Buttion "Insert WWI Object in Template" ( + Symbol in Green Colour) , click that Button to Addd it to template. then add the Main Repeating Group i.e. Value Assignment Name the again click on "Insert WWI Object in Template" to add the same to Templates.

Q) After I had imported an external report template into the SAP, how to open it up in the SAP in order to allow me to view it or to edit it?

Ans: See once the ready made template is imported the you can directly assing that template to Generation Variant in CG2B.

If I have statisfied your queries, please grant me the points.

Regards,

Amol Joshi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Help.sap.com is the portal which has max information of how to edit the template. orelse you need to take a training for this which is provided by Technidata. it takes time to prepare a step by step doc with screenshots to explain how to create or edit template, because there are lot of options which you come to know while editing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Your response is helpful, however, I am still not very 100% sure on the editing report layout in EHS...

I am wondering if you have a document with picture screen snapshot with step by step guidance on this? or any UAT document or any website (except the SAP help portal) which you can share with me and send to me?

thanks

Karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

As per as editing the Report templates here are some guidlines,

1. Go to T. Code CG42

2. enter your template name and version

3. Click on "Doument" buttion to open the template

4. here please note that WWI server is insatlled and correcting setting must be done in MS WORD.

5. One you open the same, on Right hand side the temple will get displayed.

6. Left Top side there are option to create Symbol

7. There are 3 Types of Symbols

A) Specification Symbol: Placeholder for Graphic, phrase, or code of a phrase-enabled characteristic (symbol group Phrase), Non-phrase-enabled characteristic or table field (symbol group Symbol) , Table field of the Recipe Management component (symbol group Formula or Scope of Application)

B) Parameter Symbol: Placeholder for values from table fields of other SAP components

C) Descriptior Symbols: Placeholder for phrase texts and phrase-related fields (phrase codes, graphics, and so on) of the Phrase management component

in this way you can add the various symbols to the template and use the same.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.