cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phrases.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone know how to select multiple phrases in Industrial Hygiene & Safety data in I/A log as well in WA.

Regards

Gayathri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We use phrases in exhaustively Work Area. That too in IHS data.

If you are using standard value assignment type i.e. SAP_EHS_1101_001, It is not possible for multiple phrases.

Go for customized value assignment type.

In class Add characteristics like 1,2,3,4, like that.

for ex: In IHS data You have a character " Activity restriction". which needs multiple phrases..............

You need to create characteristics like Activity restriction 1. , Activity restriction 2., Activity restriction 3., like that.

Select the suitable phrase set, against to the characteristic in the transaction CGAB.

try it out.

Regards

kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not clear can you please explain in detail?

Regards

Gayathri B R

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all

SAP is providing standard EH&S classes and characteristics. The technical set up of these standard characteristics are different.

Characteristics like: ...REMARKS are defined in such a way that you can use one or more phrases in the same data record. Characteristics like ...REG_BASE are normally defined in such a way that you can select only one phrase ant not more in the sam data record.

First recommendation: do not change the definition of SAP classes or characteristics. Do no add further characteristics in SAP standard classes.

Second: if you need characteristics there you need to maintain more than one phrase use the "customer" name space to define them and ! link them to a customer specific classe. further you need to define the Phrase set etc.

Generelly the techniques used in EH&S are the same as generally availabkle in the SAP classification system. EH&S is delivered normally with the "phrase check function" and normally using some customizing tables to reduce the number of potential value.

Best choise is: try to find a suitable EH&S class/characteristics which you "copy" into a customer specific one etc.

You can use in theory any function module you can think of as a "check" routine in defining the characteristic,. This is no modification or whatsoever. You can use what so ever customizing or other tabkles as check tables. Please refer to the SAP standards on help.sap.com to get an idea what you can do here.

C.B.

PS: Pay attention on these "demands" which normally exist in EH&S: most of the data maintained will/should be printed somethere. E.g. using ohrases you can maintain translations of the texts. If you use customiizing textx you need to check the corresponding text tables to guarantee that the text is potentially available on a e.g. WWI report. The same is true if you use customer specific check tables. That means: keep always in mind that you need in 90% (or more) of relevant EH&S business cases translations of texts in more than on other language

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Sep 15, 2010 9:38 PM

PPS: depending on the history of your SAP system: the SAP standard EH&S classes are delivered in client 000. Please check EH&S OSS notes to learn how to transfer them into your client XXX.

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Sep 15, 2010 9:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

What Christoph said is correct. We should not change the standard technical setup.

That's what i said earlier, we sould not touch standard value assignment type. If really customer requires, we can use this customized value assignment type.

Value Assignment type >> Class >> Characteristic >> Phrase set >> Phrases

Regards,

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks !!

To both both Kamal & CB for clarifying my doubts.

Thanks & Regards

Gayathri