Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permitted change options Indicators meaning

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I want to want information on Inheritance Template.

I have created Inheritance Template in CG02.

I have set three indicators in Permitted change options.

1. Changes to target specifications indicator

2. Exclusion from inher.

3. Deactiv. inheritance relationship

For the Deactiv. inheritance relationship Indicator I understood the use of setting indicator.

But for "Changes to target specifications indicator & Exclusion from inher." I am not able to understand what it means and how the functionality Works.

Please let me know the use of these Indicators. SAP Help is very difficult to understand.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mangesh

these "indicators" are not easy to understand.

On

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/e3/bd85262fc011d4b2c30050dae064a1/content.htm

the topic is explained:

1.)  "Permitted Change option"

if required, set one or more indicators under Permitted change options. You use these indicators to specify whether the value assignments passed on using the inheritance template can be changed temporarily or permanently and whether the inheritance relationship can be deactivated:

The important part of the text is highlighted. This incidator has relations to the others:

2.)

If you set the Changes to target specifications indicator, the value assignments that have been passed on can be temporarily overwritten in the target specification.

=> If a inheritance relaiotn exist between source and target spec, you can overwrite here the target data but if the source data is changed adapetd whatsoever, the "ineritance report" will delet the "overwritten" data on target an dthe "new" source data will show up.

3.)

If you set the Exclusion from inher. indicator, the value assignments that have been passed on can be permanently overwritten in the target specification.

=> in this cas you can overwrizte inherited data on target spec. If data is actualized on source spec no update will be passed on to target spec.

4.) If you set the Deactiv. inheritance relationship indicator, the inheritance relationship between the source or target specification can be deactivated and reactivated as required.

=> this is (to my understanding) an option there you "can activate" or "deactive" the inheritance relation. Example: you have used this type of template for a source spec. Data is inherited to target spec. By whatever reason you decided to "update" source but you are not willing to pass on "immediate" the new data to target. To do so you "deactivate" the relationship. Now after some time you can "reactivate" the relation ship and then the present data (based on template definition) is passed on to target spec.

You should prepare different inhr. template in a test SAP system and "play" a little bit with these indicators so that you understand the effect may be better.

You should have prepared a "robust" blueprint documentation (you shgould have analzed the "ineritance topic") collecting the demands etc. before you should use inheritance. "INheritance" is more complex in comparison to "reference". The use of "inheritance "include "pros" and "cons".

Only if you really understood the "basics" you should us it.

C.B.

PS: be aware of the fact that with ECC 6.0 EnhPAck3 (EH&S business function activated) optimizations in inheritance are delivered by SAP; you should may be analyse if you can profit from these new options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mangesh,

Permitted change  options means -

Inheritance template deals between 2 specifications. 1. source & 2. Target.

for ex - Value assignment "Flash Point", you marked for inheritance.

In this case, system will not allow you to edit (or) manual entry in Target specification.

Because system expects the value from the source specification via. inheritance relationship.

If you select any of the permitted changes, then you will be in a position to edit in target specificaiton (will be bit lineant).

But most of the times, we will not use this functionality.

In blue print phase itself, we decides that particular value assignment is Inheritance value (or) manual editable entry. And we choose value assignment type selection (under value assignment types - in the same screen) to mark the VA's for inheritance.

Regards

kamal

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph Bergemann / Kamal

Thanks for your reply. I have checked that Link earlier. But Thats where problem of  SAP Help. Its never straight forward to understand and difficult to understand what they want to explain. I will exploring the same and will get back to you.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Answers (0)