cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to port XMII 11.5 trx to xMII 12.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we are porting xMII 11.5 transactions to xMII 12.0 using the migration tool, we get the following error:

Error processing request, Administrator is not assigned to a role that can perform this action

The user we were using was Administrator who has all XMII Administrator and XMII Developer roles assigned to him.

By reading one of the forum, we tried editing trx file manullay in notepad and changed the Read Roles and Write Roles to XMII Administrator, XMII Developer and it worked fine.

Do we have to do this? We have large number of files to port.

Thanks,

Sara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sara,

So you are using the Migration Tool and importing a single transaction or many? Or do you have workbench open and you click on Import and in load the transaction that way. What you are describing seems to be an importing of a single transaction using Workbench and not the Migration Tool. The Migration Tool will change your user names to the 12.0 standard. Please read this post it is the same issue you ran into.

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erik,

We were on 12.0.1 (build 75)for a while and migrated (with the migration tool)our 11.5 projects successfully.

Well it was not a 100% successfull as we had to manually open up each of the transactions and modify the security for the correct Reader & Writer roles.This was a while back and probably the migration tool has been updated since then

Recently we upgraded to 12.0.2 (build 88).

Even today I have an instance running on 12.0.1 and just now I successfully imported (this time using the Work Bench import) a 11.5 transaction .Again one has to modify the roles though.

This seems to have gone away in 12.0.2 where in you would get an error as reported by Sara.

I understand that the Workbench Import/Export is meant between 12.0 environments but do you think that the above behavior is normal in 12.0.2 (compared to 12.0.1) OR something happened unintentionally there?

After reading this post just wanted to make the forum & SAP aware of this.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erik,

No, we used only migration tool to upload the transaction. We modified one trx by changing the roles, and the only one transaction we tried worked and all others failed through migration tool.

Thanks,

Sara

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sara,

What is the build of the Migration Tool that you ran. If you just open up the Migrate.bat file it should be in the bottom window or in your migration log file.

Udayan,

Yes you are correct the migration tool has been updated to fix this problem although some older versions may still be out there. If you currently import a user with Workbench it will not migrate the User/Role settings in the xml. I have not noticed what you are talking about with 12.0.2 importing correctly 11.5 transactions.

The import in Workbench is only for 12.0 to 12.0 NOT 11.5 to 12.0.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I said

"Even today I have an instance running on 12.0.1 and just now I successfully imported (this time using the Work Bench import) a 11.5 transaction .Again one has to modify the roles though"

I meant 12.0.1.

In 12.0.1,using the Work Bench, one can import 11.5 trxs.

Thanks for the clarifications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erik,

The build info on the migration tool is:

Migrates 11.5 configuration and content to 12.0

Version 12.0.1 Build(2)

Is this the right version?

Thanks,

Sara

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sara,

That may be your problem right there. The one out on Service Marketplace is build 7 or 8. I recommend that you go download it from there. You have an older version pre GA for xMII 12.0 where it does not properly update the role information of the transactions. Try that and tell me if the newer version fixes it.

For anyone else running into this problem make sure you have the newest Migration Tool from Service Marketplace as many bugs were fixed. It should be build 7 or 8.

Regards,

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Erik for the quick response.

The latest migration tool, we downloaded from service market place is a .sca (XMIIMIGRATION02_0-10004466.SCA). Dow you know how to use this?

Thanks,

Sara

0 Kudos

Sara,

Once you deploy the migration SCA file it drops a migration.zip file in the usr directory. Unzip this archive and run the .bat file. FYI, the xMII v11.5 content must be on this server. Also there is a migration guide on service marketplace.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Sam and everybody helped solving this issue.

It worked

-Sara

Answers (0)