cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple printing of R - phrases in chapter 16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Multiple printing of R - phrases in chapter 16 of the MSDS.

Incase of chemical mixture it can happen, that one or multiple Risk phrases are assigned to more than one chemical component.If so,the Risk phrses should appear only one time in chapter 16 of the MSDS.But is is repeating...

Anyone can suggest how to avoid repeatation of risk phrase in chap 16.Is there any program to avoid in WWI report template itself?

i am facing this problem in 4.7 version.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I do not know whether it is now too late for that.

But in sap note 1392418 nevertheless the solution of the problem would have to be

described.

regrads

Thomas

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all

in one Support Package (I am sorry I do not know actually which one) as far as I know there was an enhancement delivered in WWI functionality. The REACH regulation (and the regulation before that) demand that you mention any R Phrase in chapter 16 which is used in chapter 3 (before chapter 2).

To my knowledge the proposed solution in this discussion will not solve completely the problem you described. You can have many components (in theory) in chapter 3 having the same R-Phrase. But you would like only to print once the R phrase in chapter 16 with code and text.

Please check relevant OSS notes.

With best regards

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for your valuable input.

I couldn't solve my problem completely as you described.

Let me throw some bright solutions to solve this problem and I am getting relevant OSS for this.

Thanks

Mahesh

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I have performed a small check of potential relevant OSS notes in the area of WWI and report definition. I was not able to find the corresponding OSS note regarding this issue. The issue to repeat the R-phases from now section 3 in MSDS in europe in chapter 16 is not related to REACH regulation but is part of the former regulation too. May be you need to create your own symbol with the corresponding programming. As there are a number of companies providing WWI templates regarding which they are saying that the "look and feel" is according to the recent regulation there must be a solution.

May be somebody else is able to find the correct relevant OSS note.

With best regards

C. B.

Recently I have checked relevant OSS notes in the are of WWI and I was able to find the corresponding note again.

(text of OSS note is "Output of R phrases according to EU directive 2001/58/EG" and dated from 2003.

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Dec 11, 2009 9:50 PM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Dec 11, 2009 9:53 PM

sonja_koehler2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

within the report template you can use the function: repeating group. You select the symbol in the template and then set it as a repeating group. This will then bring through more then one R-phrase for that symbol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonja,

Thanks for your input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh

There is something WWI template design called - Conditional output & Blnak Compression. You can tweak these options to compress free spaces and conditional output of phrases only once

Thanks

Jayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the input.Last 10 days I was away from my work.

Do you think that will it work in version 4.7 ?

Thanks

Mahes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

As Jay mentioned in his post, you have to use conditional output to display the R-Phrases only once, even if it is maintained repeatedly in Specification Master.

Yes, it will work even in 4.7 system.

Thanks,

Brajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Access transaction CGCZ u2013 Match up master data

2. Select all checkboxes

3. Click the Execute (F8) icon

4. The transaction processes, then displays a report

5. Verify in CG02 that the phrases now display correctly

The transaction CGCZ is safe to run. It will not make any harmful changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, It is not solved my probelm.

The probelm is in chapter 16 of MSDS output report from 'report from template' which was created in WWI.

Let me the suggest the solution...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if the repetation is due to duplicate entries. Check the tables if the record is there twice.

Not sure what is the problem in your case.

We run the below program to delete the duplicate records.

Deleting duplicates

Because of an old bug in cg02 there maybe duplicate attributes to run:

SE38

Enter RC1_AUSP_DUPLICATES

Execute

Run without repairing (unchecked)

Check results

run with repairing turned on (checked)

Deleting records flagged for deletion:

EHS delete doesn't really delete, just flags it. To actually clean up run:

SE38

Enter RC1PHDEL

Execute

Check all check boxes.

execute

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not an duplicate entries of same phrases in my table.

R - phrases is repeating because its a chemical mixture not an single substance.When you creates an composition/Incredients section 3 of the MSDS definately your R - phrase will repeat one or more times in each substance because its an chemical mixture.

So, I am resulting with multiple printing of R - phrases in chapter 16 when I run my 'report from template'.It is not happening for if its single substance.

Any bright ideas to solve this probelm???