cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labels in WWI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on WWI and trying to print a label. I have already created Template, Variant However I am not getting the hierarchy in CBGL_MP01 to select the label for preview. Attaching the screenshot for the same.

Advance Thanks,

Mayank Agrawal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

1. If you have already created a template, please verify the status of the template is Released.

2. Check if you have created a label stock in CBGL_LS02. Make sure the following details are entered in label stock.

Size of Label Stock

Label Size

Validity Area

Label Category

3. If you have already created a generation variant, please verify the below.

Category mentioned in label stock and generation variant are consistent.

WWI template and version are correctly mentioned in the generation variant.

Validity Area

Status

Label stock is assigned as an object of the report application LABELSTOCK in 'Application Objects' section.

If dangerous goods regulations are to be printed on the label, assign the dangerous goods regulations to the generation variant in 'Rating/Validity' section.

4. Verify if label data is maintained for all required packaging unit in the material master.

Make sure to exit and relaunch CBGL_MP01 when you make any changes in template, label stock, generation variant or label data.

Hope the above information will help you to fix the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Kannan Veerapandian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

The Information provided by you is very helpful but I am not clear with the following points can you please elaborate

3. If you have already created a generation variant, please verify the below.

Label stock is assigned as an object of the report application LABELSTOCK in 'Application Objects' section.

Thanks and Regards,

Kannan Veerapandian.

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mayank,

I would suggest you to create the above configuration and assign to one real substance. U have to maintain data in the material master with the packaging detail view and assign the above created values in it which are label stock, label size, label category.

After that, maintain the generation variant with the validity area category and application objects as shown below.

Hope this helps

Dhinesh

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mayank,

please check intensively proposal of Dhinesh. Make sure that you understand why there is an entry in field "Objekt key" for line "LABELSTOCK" as shown by Dhinesh. If you don't getthe message why this is. On tzhe top make sure that you understand maintenance needs in "LabelView" of Material Master (referting to explanation of Dhinesh: . U have to maintain data in the material master with the packaging detail view and assign the above created values in it which are label stock, label size, label category.)

Check may be on the top:

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

I have followed the step by step procedure suggested by you still I am not able to preview label. Attaching the step by step screenshots-

Please suggest the solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Mayank Agrawal

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mayank,

Plz update the labelling specification in the labelling data of material master either with label size or with the gen variant.

Also maintain the generation variant with the correct validity

Also maintain the basic data 1 and basic data 2 tabs for packaging data.

Regards

Dhinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhinesh,

I have made the changes suggested by you. Steel I am not getting label Hierarchy. Is there any SAP Note needs to Upload? Or Is there any server required for WWI?

Do we need to create any Packaging Hierarchy?

Please Suggest the solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Mayank Agrawal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

1. As suggested by Dhinesh, update the labeling data of material master either with label size (same as the size mentioned in label stock)or with the gen variant. Also update the number of labels as 1.

2. As per the screens attached, I noticed that you have created label stock TEST_WWI. But it is not mentioned in 'Application Objects' section in generation variant. Maintain the label stock TEST_WWI against object key in generation variant.

(http://scn.sap.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-15097329-465405/450-196/8.png)

3. I see that label category is mentioned as LB_CUST, which is a customer specific label category. Customer specific label requires additional configuration in CBGL_CL02. You should activate the generation variant based on the label category for a customer and you should mention the customer while printing the label in CBGL_MP01 using Generic scenario.

If you do not want your label as customer specific, then you can change the label category accordingly (for an example, SHIPPING) in labeling data of material master, label stock and generation variant.

Hope it helps you to move forward.

Thanks and Regards,

Kannan Veerapandian.

Answers (0)