Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labeling: Concept to secure data without raw reports

gernotditten
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

we're currently replacing our GLM+ by a new labeling solution (one of the partners working with SAP in the Coinnovations) to be ready for a switch from Product Safety and Stewardship to Product Compliance according road map from SAP. We do this in advance to avoid doing too many things in the PC activation project.

Hence Tthe new solution does not work with raw reports (no WWI solution). Now we face the "issue" that esp. GHS data is not "frozen" on the raw report. As soon as new data is calculated in CG02 this data would be read from the property tree (old data is overwritten immediately) and it might not be released by the Product Steward or it might not fit on the label.

We can't use the new data directly as this is business requirement.

We have come up with a solution to secure the "old" released data in a separate table where the data is taken for label printing only.

I had support from SAP but there is no kind of best practice and I need to present possible options to my management.

I want to know if anyone else here does not label with GLM+ and has the same topic thata data needs to be frozen and what was the approach?

Best regards,

Gernot

View Entire Topic
gernotditten
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

thank you for your long answer. this reflects my current knowlegde.

So from your perspective there is no 'best practice' for the PSS solution also. This is what I figured out with SAP when I discussed this with my consultant from SAP:

I take part in the Coinnovation in the Label Management Stream at SAP. The topic was addressed there as an important feature that needs to be available in the new Product Compliance Solution and it was mentioned from other customers at SAP as a requirement.

In any case we are building a temporary solution as long as we use the new labelling solution but are still working with PSS instead of PC.

Best regards,

Gernot