cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with JCO Connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using the JCO Connector calling a custom SAP Function Module that had 1 input parameter set as a numeric only field. I was able to connect and use the fuction module and everything worked. The SAP Developers modifed the function module to make the numeric only field a string. I deleted the JCO action block and refreshed the XML document for the modified function module, but when I call it and pass a string I receive this error "[ERROR]: RFC Execution Error: Value '345U000101' cannot be converted to NUM type at field LENUM"

The SAP developers have executed the function module manually and have shown that it works. So now I am stuck with trying to determine if it is an error on the xMII side or the SAP side.

xMII version 11.5

Thanks in advance.

James.

Edited by: James Slaughter on Jan 15, 2008 6:48 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

James,

The reason you are experiencing this problem is due to the JCO API caching the Request and Response XML structures from the BAPI/RFC. If you restart the servlet-exec service (Restart xMII) then this will clear the cache and the refresh will load the proper version of the BAPI/RFC.

Hope this helps.

Sam

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Salvatore,

Thank you for the info, that worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct & another way to reset the JCOProxy would be to run the following url:

http://server/Lighthammer/JCOProxy?Mode=Reset

This would only work if you are on 11.5 SR3 , if not then restarting the servlet exec would be the way to go.