cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHS portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I read in other posts we are going to get web user input screens for incident/accident log.

any idea appproximate date and version of the SAP gives this.

Has any one done any bespoke webdynpro or any user web interaction screens to back end incident/accident log?

early feedback is much appriciated

Ross

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there will be options in the future however not sure what versions are going to give what.

in any case most of the clients are living up with existing system set up

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Recently I have come to know about the presentation from technidata.

It is called Technidata Solution Enhancements_V3.pdf

It has the information about : Incident Fast Entry web screen.

It says that:

1. Incident occurs and field personnel enter initial data into SAP via simple one-way web screen.

2. System sends out email notification to responsible persons.

3 Responsible persons use traditional two SAP GUI for incident management investigation closure

Its screen was looking like a Web Dynpro screen. And it also said Available for SAP ERP 6.0 and above.

I do not have any information about its availability. If someone else has information can please share.

Regards,

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ross

There are indications that with Enhancement pack 5.0 there will be standard Business package for SAP Enterprise Portal for Incident/Accident log. During my last assignment, i worked on integerating Webynpro with SAP ECC for Incident/Accident log, but it was total custom solution.

If you have any specific question, please let me know, we can discuss.

Regards

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram

we have a requirement of giving access to incident/accident log for all users.

as you know all users not intelligent, they might feel uncofortable gui screen

web screen is easy for users input.

how complex is the webdynpro, is there any chance of sharing the code?

Ross

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP are going to release an extension pack to ERP 6 Enhancement Pack 5 (known as a EHS Component Extension 1) that is going to provide a fully portal enabled solution covering:

u2022 Incident Recording

u2022 Incident Investigation

u2022 Incident Processing

u2022 Incident Reporting

It is based on ABAP webdynpro. It is worth taking a look at and if you are considering development then don't. Wait for the extension pack instead.

Michael

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael

interesting news. Could you give me (and may be others too) some idea what SAP is thinking of if they are would like to deliver a:

EHS Component Extension (extension pack)

as you have mentioned because my impression was that this WebDynpro component is part of Enhancement PAckage 5 not using any new "term" like "EHS Component Extension)

This new term hasn't been used up to now in any publicaiotn etc. which I have heard of or which I know.

My question:

Is this a "add on" ? Is it part of a "Support Package" ?

Because my impression was that any "enhancement" what soever kind it might be will be part of an Enhancement Package

With best regards

C.B.

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Sep 3, 2010 9:51 AM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Sep 3, 2010 9:54 AM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Sep 3, 2010 9:55 AM

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

to my knowledge (you can get more infos on SAP marketplace etc it is not easy to find this info but there is somehting) this is part of Enhancement Pack 5 based on ECC 6.0. Ramp up started. It can be assumed that this is geenrally available November 2010.

With best regards

C.B.

PS: refer to this thread too: /thread/1435722 [original link is broken] and this link:

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Jul 31, 2010 1:22 PM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Jul 31, 2010 1:24 PM