cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CG42 preview not showing graphics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm experiencing an issue where the preview function in CG42 is not showing graphics that should be expanded from a phrase in the specification.  When I go to transaction CG02 and use the "Report from template" functionality the graphics are displayed as desired.  In both cases I'm using the same specification and the same generation variant.  We recently upgraded our GUI from 730 to 740.  I did not notice this issue before the upgrade.  Has anyone seen this before?  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks,
Jason

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gernotditten
Explorer
0 Kudos

Are the graphics still available in your local SAPGUI Installation?

You can use the server Installation. Just chekc your user parameters ESWWI_INST. If you Change that to WWISERVER (Capital letters!) then always the files from the WWI Server are used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gernot,

I made the change in my user parameters as you suggested, but there was no change in system behavior.  CG42 still does not expand the graphic from the phrase while CG02 does.

Thanks,

Jason

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

CG42 will always use your local WWI Installation as far as I know. It will not use the synchronous WWI Server.

CG02 -> Report from template has two "options":

- uses your local WWI installation

- uses the synchronous WWI Server and NOT your local WWI Installation

Since you upgraded the local WWI Installation (by updating the SAP GUI) I think you simply miss the graphics under <PATH TO SAPGU>\WWI\GRAPHICS when using the local WWI Installation

Can you check if the graphics are there? And If not add the graphics there?

And from CG02 it use the synchronous WWI Server that still has the graphics... and therefore you see the graphics.

Other causes are possible but this would be the first thing to check in my opinion.

Hope this helps

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I double checked to make sure all the graphics I'm trying to pull into the template are in the local installation directory and they are.  C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\wwi\graphics.  I also double checked the wwi.ini file to make sure this path was specified under [Paths].  All of that looked correct.  What are some of the other causes you referred to?

Thanks,

Jason

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jason

if SAP GUI is updated there is a good chance that WWI is updated locally as well.

Check your local WWI installation. Check which WWI version is present (and compare to situation before); it is not always "clever" to use the WWI as part of the SAP GUI download

With some OSS note I believe it is explained that the "path" variable is not used any more. You should check SAP marketplace

Generally: The CG42 process is similar ro "Report from template"; during this process some files are downloaded to your client; there is one "control" file downloaded; this control file (if i remember correct) "reference" the path to the "graphics" folder (in which the graphics are stored).

Therefore: check any of the downloaded files.

C.B.

PS:

Here the files which are downloaded via "Report form template" process are mentioned

PAY ATTENTION. If you really do layouting with CG42: you will find in the corresponding local client folder structure some additional files which are very important for handling the WWI layout in SAP (so called "structure files)

PPS: There is really a good chance that the WWI coming with SAP GUI is the "problem" and changed the "Windows" environment; still I am with you and "surprised" that in the same SAP GUI "report from template" is "ok" but not CG42 process.. (but WWI.ini is a "big" topic)

Last PPS: may be these thread etc. could be of interest:

wwi insert graphics | SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is very strange.  I removed the conditional output and the graphics showed up just fine.  I then added a new conditional output and the graphics still showed up as desired.  Here's the old vs. the new output:

OLD

<15BIF066(AND:01GZLI_ZCSLA(P) EQ "Contains milk, egg, soy and wheat")>

<15EIF066>

NEW

<15BIF086(AND:01GZLI_ZCSLA(P) EQ "Contains milk, egg, soy and wheat")>

<15EIF086>

From what I see they are identical aside from the new number of the group.  In any event, the problem is resolved.  Christoph, it was helpful to read your document because it reminded me to not panic and start eliminating variables.  That's how I discovered this issue.

Thanks everyone!

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jason

only kind of hint: you should not use <15BIF066(AND:01GZLI_ZCSLA(P) EQ "Contains milk, egg, soy and wheat")> in your code. You should try to avoid any "direct" text comparison. Check the WWI Expert document. Some reference is given to something "similar" (comparison for "phrase text"). Good to  know that you solved the toic and may be the docuemnt has helped a little bit.

C.B.

Answers (0)