cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capabillities of xMII with respect to TIBCO in integrating shop floor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one tell capabilities of xMII in comparision with TIBCO with respect to shop floor integration and KPI generation . which is better.

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

First off, Like Ryan I too am bias towards xMII. Secondly I don't know that much about TIBCO, but here are some questions you ask in order to compare xMII with TIBCO:

1.) xMII is a very good data aggregate where you the customer determines what you need and how to use it. Does TIBCO have this functionality? Your applications come first in xMII, the functionality is not limited to just a set of canned KPIs, you can quickly and easily add new KPIs dependant on your needs.

2.) Shop floor connectivity is critical, Does TIBCO have the connectivity that xMII offers?

3.) xMII has great performance and is light weight. Unlike most 'Enterprise Level' application platforms, SAP xMII considers real-time to be in the order of seconds to minutes, not days or weeks. The largest overhead in an xMII installation (minus any other SAP systems) is NetWeaver.

Try to figure out you scenario, find all the business requirements you need, then check out xMII's abilities vs TIBCO. I think you'll agree that xMII can handle what ever TIBCO offers and most likely even more.

Martin.