cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add custom field " Other Description" ( long text ,type string ) into BOBF

MassimoX
Participant
0 Kudos

I need  add custom field " Other Description" ( long text ,type string ) into node incident as Description of Events ( BASIC_INFO_ALL_DESC ), i can do it? 

With BOPF Enhancement Workbench it is not possible add delegation node!?!

Thanks.

View Entire Topic
venkat_ratnam3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi mossimo ,

I have a requirement to remove or hide  one of the radio buttons(yes,no & unknown) from the radio button group of investigation tab .

and also make a in the investigation tab and make a custom field as mandatory .

i was able to see this in the CT_FIELD Table in get data.But, when i change this values in run time in debugging to confim before  creating an enhancement for code . i see that the screen is not updated with UI elements the updated properties .

1. Does the framework reset the original values ?

Please  let me know how i can achieve this .

0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

To hide/remove, you have to enhance/customize the component configuration of Investigation Tab.

There you can set the Visibility property as Not Visible for hide or Remove that field from Form UIBB schema.

To make custom field mandatory you need to go to the guided procedure of node categories of respective node. There you have to tick mandatory checkbox for that particular field.

Kindly refer following snapshot for the same.

Thanks and regards,

Chetan P. Patil.

MassimoX
Participant
0 Kudos

hi chetan,

Are you sure? the Dynpro do you post "attribute property" is read-only
To change a mandatory field should be used in the SPRO - customizing selecting "
fields control".

venkat_ratnam3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan ,

I am unable to find the right hierarchy  in the configuration .

i am working with ehss_inc_rec_oif_v3_bia_nrq_frm  

do we need to navigate from the component configuration  only ?

could not see any option for uibb schema .

Thanks ,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

As suggested by Chetan, you can hide/remove your unwanted fields from the component configuration itself. Enhance that particular component configurations and remove the fields.

You can also hide the same from the feeder class for that form uibb in GET_DEFINITION method, in the ct_field_usage table.

@ Massimo

The Mandatory settings can be changed from the node categories also, but the problem with them is that they cannot be handled based upon some conditions. Same thing can also achieved  from SPRO settings, but the question is Can that be controlled on some conditions?

Regards,

Sanket.

venkat_ratnam3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan ,

Where can i find this screen . we have tried similar change in our SPRO node properties but change did not reflect for us .

Thanks ,

Venkat Ratnam Naidu .

0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Go to Business Object->Node Element->Click on hierarchy of respective node->Node Categories

Then Right click on Node Categories and go to Guided Procedure, click on next button five times. You will get above screen.

Thanks and regards,

Chetan P. Patil.

MassimoX
Participant
0 Kudos

I try the check box is white ,but it is READ ONLY , can not be change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Massimo,

A silly doubt, are you in edit mode??

You can directly edit the standard bo by using the command debug.
After you open bo required by using /nbopf. Input the command debug, select yes n bo will be editable.

Regards,

Sanket.

MassimoX
Participant
0 Kudos

are you serious? 

This is NOT STANDARD Enhancement !!!!

"This function is only for use of the support
team and shall not be used by development.
Please note that any change might lead to model
inconsistencies or a corrupt model and
unexpected runtime behavior. Continue?
"

this is NOT the right way, i never do .