Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO - BUsiness BYdesign and SEN

Annie23
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

I have a quick question,

I have a new customer that will use Web Assistant a lot. Some of their users will have a SEN liscence to see all published content. But other that will not. Meaning some of their contractors have access to the SAP ByDesign, but do not have access to SEN.

Is it in the SSO config that we can specify which SAP user has access or not to SEN ?

Thank you

Annie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Annie23
Explorer
0 Kudos

Merci Anton !

Yes, I have reached also Kristof n Germany, he has mentioned the same parameter, and NO, it still does not work. It works for 2 screens and then,not anymore.

but thank you, lets hope something will work shortly

Annie

Annie23
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello you 2,

yes thank you, then I will raise a ticket. The customer will not accept having the box request to connect. That's why I'm looking for a solution or workaround !

and I knew Anton was right ! 🙂

thank you

Annie

Anton_Mavrin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Annie,

We have a parameter called disableManualLogin, that should provide a behavior you want to achieve; however, it doesn't work as expected. I've already asked our developers to investigate and to fix it.

ShaneLipke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Annie,

Anton is correct; I'm not sure that this is possible for Business ByDesign. It may be possible to handle this type of scenario in other systems using Web Assistant parameters to hide the Web Assistant button, if the user is not authenticated. However, when I look at the Web Assistant configuration video for Business ByDesign, available here, there appears to be no way to enter the parameters to modify the standard behaviour of Web Assistant.

So, perhaps it is worth testing to see what happens if the user is not authenticated by SSO. One of two things is likely to occur:

1. The user who cannot be authenticated will simply see a blank Web Assistant carousel when they open Web Assistant because they have no access to content, of they might see the standard content only, which is available to everyone, including individuals without an Enable Now license
2. The user will be asked to manually authenticate with Enable Now Manager if SSO authentication fails.

If the first option occurs, you are good to go. If the second option occurs and the manual authentication screen appears, that will not be a workable solution for your customer. If this is the case, please raise a support ticket with the Component ID MOB-UIA-TUT and ask for further guidance.

Regards
Shane

Annie23
Explorer
0 Kudos

Privet Anton !

So how do you suggest we do this ? because if the user clicks on the ? for help, it will trigger the request to connect to SEN, but they wont have a liscence for SEN.

This is a big customer for SAP in Canada, their must be a solution.

Anton_Mavrin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Bonjour Annie,

Unfortunately, I don't think this is possible. ByDesign has no controls like Fiori catalogs that could let you have 2 Web Assistant configurations at the same time.

Anton