Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spot Awards_how to limit nominator to nominate specific awards

Ritanshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team

IS there is any specfic way to limit the nominator to nominate only specific awards.Can you pl help me here in making the roles in the system

Thanks

Ritanshi

xavierlegarrec
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi ritanshi_07

I am confident this is possible but I forwarded your question to my colleague who is our expert (she is on PTO until the end of the week).

All the best

Xavier

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lesleyr
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

My employee currently can see all award programs.

In my RNR Nominator Role, I implement the following restriction so they will now only be allowed to nominate for the Peer Appreciation Award.

Under Edit Granting, restrict the award programs for this role/target population.

Each program has a code, in my case the code and the displayed label are the same.

Now this user can only nominate eligible employees for the Peer Appreciation Award due to the restriction in their role

CarsonWongIVC
Participant
0 Kudos

I come across this requirement and can successfully bound what program can the nominator see by setting object target population.

However, I have another requirement on the nominee.

My requirement is there are 1 thank-you award program and 1 payment award program. Both programs are eligible for all employees HOWEVER:

1. all employees can nominate the thank-you award program (eg. program A) to all others

2. all employees (to be exact Managers only) can nominate the currency award program (eg. program B) to his/her direct/indirect reports payment

I created a permission role which includes permission Spot Award (this requires employee target) and permission Spot Award Program (this requires MDF object target).

I firstly assign a permission group to this role with manager with assigning program B as MDF object target and assigning all direct reports as employee target. It results the manager can see this program B at first but will see nothing when selecting manager's manager as nominee. [This is expected behavior]

Then I assign another permission group to same role to manager with assigning program A as MDF object target and assigning all employees as employee target. It targets the manager can still see program B when selecting manager's manager as nominee. [This is NOT expected behavior]

Appreciated if xavierlegarrec and lesleyroper can provide insight on the requirement. Is it achievable?

Note:

Further checked the permission Spot Award (to be exact: Edit permission) controls the Nomination section, and the permission Spot Program controls what programs can be seen in the Nomination section, but seems they are separately checked and cannot cater above requirement.

Thanks,

Carson

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Ritanshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Lesley

We did tried and this Target population logic was not working

So we wrote a rule to make the restriction.

Ritanshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier

Were you able to check the spot award nominator issue if we can handle this via Roles. We have already tried via Target population and restrict via Spot award program type and also wrote rule to be placed under spot award object definition.

xavierlegarrec

Thanks

Ritanshi

Ritanshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Xavier for all help.

We tried via rule set up and permission based upon target population. Still not able to limit to nominator for specific awards nomination. Hence reached out to you. I can provide screenshot if necessary.