cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Enable Now

former_member710464
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello!

We had setup up a new installation of Enable Now, on an Apache Tomcat 9.0.19

It looks work well, but we are having issues with the "spanish" language. The menues and messages are not showing correctly (the special characters used in "spanish" like (á, é, í, etc) are displayed like "illegible" characters.

We have changed the web.xml and server.xml to use the UTF-8 encoding characters, but it seems not worked.

Any help will be gracefull

Thanks in advance

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi and welcome to the SAP Community!

Thank you for visiting SAP Community to get answers to your questions. Since you're asking a question here for the first time, I recommend that you familiarize yourself with https://community.sap.com/resources/questions-and-answers (if you haven't already), as it provides tips for preparing questions that draw responses from our members. For example, you can outline what steps you took to find answers (and why they weren't helpful) and share screenshots of what you've seen/done. The more details you provide, the more likely it is that members will be able to assist you.
Should you wish, you can still edit your question.
Finally, if you're hoping to connect with readers, please consider adding a picture to your profile as it encourages readers to respond to you. Here's how you do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5JdUbyjfMA&list=PLpQebylHrdh5s3gwy-h6RtymfDpoz3vDS.

Best,
Lena
SAP Community Moderator

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichaelSzmrtits
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Gustavao,

can you please make sure that you have done this steps: (discribed in the Manager SQL installation Guide)

1. Go to the installation directory of your Tomcat instance.

2. Open folder conf.

3. Open file web.xml.

4. Search for the default servlet <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>.

5. Add the following code to the servlet:

Syntax

<init-param>

<param-name>fileEncoding</param-name>

<param-value>UTF8</param-value> </init-param>

6. Save and close the file.

7. Restart the Tomcat Server.

If this will not work, I would suggest to open an Incident message by using the component: KM-WPB-MGR. If this answer was helpful please accept it 🙂 Best regards, Michael

former_member710464
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello, Michael.

Thank you so much for your quickly answer. In response to your question, we change the web.xml as follows (and the problem continues):

<servlet>

<servlet-name>default</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet</servlet-class>

<init-param>

<param-name>debug</param-name>

<param-value>0</param-value>

</init-param>

<init-param>

<param-name>listings</param-name>

<param-value>false</param-value>

</init-param>

<init-param>

<param-name>requestEncoding</param-name>

<param-value>UTF-8</param-value>

</init-param>

<init-param>

<param-name>fileEncoding</param-name>

<param-value>UTF8</param-value>

</init-param>

<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>

</servlet>

Greetings!

MichaelSzmrtits
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gustavo, then I would suggest to try the upgrade to 9.0.38 as Anton has suggested, and if the issue continues, please open an incident message.

Best regards, Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Anton_Mavrin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi gustavo.ruffin,

In addition to UTF-8 fix for Apache Tomcat 9, please also consider upgrading your Tomcat to version 9.0.38, as previous versions had security issue. (Apache Tomcat 9.x vulnerabilities)

Apache Tomcat 9.0.38 is tested with SAP Enable Now and will become officially supported in November 2020.

BR, Anton