cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Translation errors in SEN

former_member780585
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

To perform manual translation, I exported the file (to be translated) in MS Word file. Then I made few manual translations and I tried to import.

1. While importing, I am getting below prompt messages twice.

The last time you opened 'ImportTranslation.dot', it caused a serious error. Do you still want to open it?

2. Though I created a text unit inside the Group with Document Type as Translation Information with target language, I am getting below error message when I try to import the translated file.

"No text unit for translation information found to indicate the root group for cloning".

Group structure:

Because of these messages, I am unable to perform manual translation.

Please guide me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DirkManuel
Active Contributor

The "Last time you opened..." is a Word thing; it's unlikely to be caused by SAP Enable Now. It means that Word crashed (or was stopped) when you last had that file open. You can generally ignore and open anyway, but it if it happens repeatedly with that .dot, open an Incident because that .dot is a part of SAP Enable Now.

You don't need a Translation Information file for manual translations - that's only used for machine translations using Translation Hub - that may be why it's getting confused? When using Machine Translation you create that file in the source language, in the original Group, and then when you translate it takes a copy of the entire group, including the Translation Information file, and creates local-language versions, the TI file in the target group references back to the source group. It sounds like it is looking for that and not finding it (because you manually created the TI file in the destination group, and there is no reference in it to the source group.

former_member780585
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Dirk.

Do I need to remove TI file and try to import again ? I did and got same error.

DirkManuel
Active Contributor

Well if you're getting the same error without that file then at least it shows it's not that file causing it 😉

I'm not sure exactly what is going on, but the way I typically translate content manually is to:

  1. Select the Group containing the simulations and do a Automated Translation All to create a local-language copy and bring in any translated template text
  2. Export the new group for translation
  3. Import the translated file back in,. making sure to deselect the Duplicate Objects setting (because I did that in Step 1).

However, when I just retested that, I get a "cant (sic) find dot...ImportTranslation.dot" message - which is the same file you are having problems with. So this may be an actual error, and you might want to open an Incident. [UPDATE: I'm opening an incident myself]

DirkManuel
Active Contributor

Update: I opened an Incident, but after analysis (by Susan - thank you!) it turns out it was an issue with my implementation; I copied the files from CloudWA to Temp and now I can import OK. mani_rathnam19 if you're still having issues, and you can't isolate it to Word, I'd suggest making sure everything is checked in (Finish Editing) then delete your local repository and allow it to be recreated. This will bring down new/initial versions of everything - hopefully without the error.