Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning App do not show customized content

reginajodko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

could you please help me to figure out, why our Learning App does not show created content?

• Our Product SAP_S4HANA_ON-PREMISE, SP3
  • Product version 2020.002
  • We have set workarea ID and link to a folder in the parameters
  • Context is captured correctly

By opening web assistant, I see only the button Learning Center, but no book pages or simulations which are related to the opened screen.

Any suggestions, how to make content visible?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DirkManuel
Active Contributor

Just to confirm what Shane was saying: You have learningAppBackend and learningAppWorkspace set to point to the Workarea that contains your learning content? (Often this is a different Workarea to the one used for help (dataUrlSEN2).

Oh, wait. You are using learningCenterUrl? This is used to show your Trainer via the Learning Center button. That parameter does NOT control what you see on the Learning page of the Carousel. You still need those first two parameters I mentioned.

reginajodko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Well, our learningAppBackend is linked to the manager (but not the link to the WorkArea)

learningAppWorkspace is connected to WorkArea ID

Attributes are correct - but still, no content for the page of specific atributes..

maybe there are well explained tutorial or blog to read how to manage Learning App?

DirkManuel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No idea what's going on here, but...

Bear in mind that what appears on the Learning page in the Carousel is governed by learningAppBackend and learningAppWorkspace. These are also used for the content of the Learning Center - unless you specify a learningCenterURL, in which case the target of that URL is displayed when you click on the Learning Center button. But learningCenterUrl does not override the content for the Learning page in the Carousel, which will always use learningAppBackend/learningAppWorkspace.

Double-check the Workarea that contains your help content - is this just custom content, or just standard content, or both? Make sure your serviceLayerVersion parameter is set accordingly. Create a new Help Tile, then use Options > Show in Manager Workspace and see where it is being stored. Check the settings (including permissions) for this Workarea.

That's all I can think of. Refer to this blog post from Anton - and specifically the Troubleshooting section and the description of Help4.getShell()._params - to see the active parameter values, and see if anything looks odd in there.

Everything is covered in the Web Assistant Integration Guide.

reginajodko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Learning App working now.

And as I understand from the answers before, it is possible to use WA where all content is stored instead of web assistant WA?

DirkManuel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Regina: Glad you have it working now; pls flag the Question as answered, for the record. Thanks.

You can definitely use one Workarea for both Help content and Learning Content. But I personally usually advocate having Help content in its own Workarea (and possibly one 'Help' Workarea by application) - firstly to keep things tidy/organized, and secondly in case development/maintenance of the content ends up being given to a separate group (i.e. maintenance of Help content is passed to the Helpdesk/Support and Training remains with the Training/OCM group).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ShaneLipke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Regina,

There are four attributes that control whether content is displayed in the Learning App. They are Language, Context, Product name and Product Version. You can find these attributes by selecting a content object and looking at the properties of the object in either Manager or Producer. Outside these four properties, the content must be in the correct Workarea in Manager, the one that Web Assistant is pointing to, and the content must be published.

Regards
Shane

reginajodko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, all is set and captured automatically by Producer language, Screen ID, version, product while recording context, but still it do not show e.g book page on a specific screen. Content is published.

in the system Learning Center button is visible, it opens the library and shows all that is stored in the specific folder linked via "learningCenterUrl".

and this is what is shown in Help Context