Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Relationship sync from position to people profile

inepre1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are facing an issue with job relationship updates. The HRBP is correct on the position, but not in job relationship in people profile. I tested making a correction on the position, but the job relationship on people profile did not update. I also tried to remove the HRBP on the position, and update the HRBP on the position again, but again it is not synced to people profile.

I would expect the information to be synced from position to people profile and am wondering if this is expected behavior?

Thanks.

Br,

Ines

OliverV
Explorer

This is not expected behaviour. Best to check the EC-EP sync job.

But is the system always behaving this way - or is it only when making corrections via Manage Data (and no issues via "Edit data")

inepre1
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply, Oliver. It is only behaving in this way when using Manage Data, the data is updated when using Edit.

inepre1
Participant
0 Kudos

Correction: it is not working when using edit either.

Bob
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

See KBA #2529515:

• As of b1905, changes made to a Position with an incumbent, will trigger the Position to Job Information Sync (based on the configuration), when the changes are carried out via "Edit" and "Manage" mode in the Position Org Chart, along with changes made via Manage Positions.
  • Change made to the Position with an Incumbent, from Manage Data will NEVER trigger the Position to Job information Sync
inepre1
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, Deborah. But in our case it is still not working. 😞

We are not really doing an actual update though, we have the correct HRBP on the position already, but NOT on the employee profile. We need to trigger an update from position to job relationship, since we are only syncing data from position to job.

The process I follow then is to click on the trash can removing the current HRBP, inserting the same HRBP back again and saving. The information is not synced to the employee profile although I am able to save the position information.

View Entire Topic
Bob
Explorer

See KBA #2529515:

• As of b1905, changes made to a Position with an incumbent, will trigger the Position to Job Information Sync (based on the configuration), when the changes are carried out via "Edit" and "Manage" mode in the Position Org Chart, along with changes made via Manage Positions.
  • Change made to the Position with an Incumbent, from Manage Data will NEVER trigger the Position to Job information Sync
Oli
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Bob, how to execute Point 2?

We have updated the matrix relationships at the positions and are unsure how to get this synced to Job info. 
Thanks for your feedback. 

Cheers Oli