cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to capture Manager History in Performance Forms without Employee Central?

geenaouellette
Explorer
0 Kudos

We use the "Manager Role" for our Performance Forms Route Map. Is there a best practice or solve for the following scenario?
A manager writes a performance review during the Manager Review step of a Performance Form, but is then terminated before the form gets to Signature stage. The form has been routed to another manager to complete the process including signature, but the form has updated to this new manager's name throughout the form: how can we show the name of the previous (terminated) manager as the person who filled out the ratings?

Route Map:

geenaouellette_0-1718819965957.png

Advanced Settings related to document transfer:

geenaouellette_1-1718820123435.png

Settings related to Rating field:

geenaouellette_2-1718820151649.png

Any advice or tips would be appreciated!
Geena

JulieMcSwain
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hi @geenaouellette, It has been my experience that the old manager's comments are noted with that manager's name on the performance form. The new manager would be noted in the signature section. The audit trail for the form will show the old and new manager as the form was automatically transferred to the new manager. I processed this scenario in my test site, and I see what you are referring to now. The rating is showing as being entered by the new manager even though it was entered by the old manager. The comments are working as expected and are showing as being by the old manager. This must be a defect or something. I was not aware of this and could not find a KB. Have you opened a Support ticket?
geenaouellette
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi @JulieMcSwain, I hadn't opened a support ticket yet in case there was an easy setting I was missing, but based on your suggestion I'm opening one now! Thank you for taking the time to recreate the scenario in your test environment and confirming that it's not just me that's experiencing this haha!
geenaouellette
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi @MridulSharmaSF, I was looking to see the name of the previous manager that actually filled out the ratings. In the following screenshot, the "Ratings by [Name]" updates to the new manager's name, even though they were not the account that put in the ratings:
View Entire Topic
MridulSharmaSF
Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you referring to show old Manager name in Route Map or want to find who was the old Manager?

Thanks

Mridul

geenaouellette
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi @MridulSharmaSF, I was looking to see the name of the previous manager that actually filled out the ratings. In the form, the "Ratings by [Name]" updates to the new manager's name, even though they were not the account that put in the ratings (was trying to put in a screenshot but this comment box won't let me)..