cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has somebody created Dynamic Content for a Custom Tile? (Homepage v3 Dynamic Custom Tiles)

asanchez1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello community,

I'm trying to create a custom tile that brings dynamic information (i.e: weather, stock prices, etc.) from a custom API call that returns a JSON structure.

In the SAP Help Documentation Portal, it is mentioned as possible, but I'm not being able to make it.

https://help.sap.com/viewer/59f821da545a4bdb94f1eb8fa22e4b36/2005/en-US/a48fc6fbf4ee4f78ab02ddabd3bd...

Has somebody already created a Dynamic Content for a Custom Tile?

Regards.

ama_touzani13
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Can you please tell where are you struggling in this implementation ?.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

roman_velichko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, to all.

We have successfully created a service (java tomcat 7 webprofile) that returns the correct json for a dynamic tile. There remains only one problem, if the service is hosted in SAP NEO, then it is not yet clear how to achieve correct authorization. SF home page calls the address of our service and such a call is made with an authorization error from BTP.

It seems SAP SuccessFactors home page did not send Authorization header to BTP

roman_velichko
Explorer
0 Kudos

we have successfully solved the problem with authorization via sso / btp / ias / sf, everything works correctly, the service returns the correct json, but the homepage does not show it on the screen

asanchez1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ok, I got it. Then I'll try again with a valid API.

Thanks a lot Amal.

ama_touzani13
Participant
0 Kudos

You are welcome.

It is in the link that you sent , here is the expected json structure :

asanchez1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Amal,

How to know/view or define the expected structure of a SuccessFactors HomePageV3 dynamic tile?

Regards.

ama_touzani13
Participant
0 Kudos

Alexis ,

Your json does not have the expected structure for the dynamic tile .

And the CORS response header needs to be added in your app response .Please Check the JSP example.

Regards.

asanchez1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Amal,

Currently I am trying to get information coming from a public API (Json Response) and capture some of its results in a dynamic custom tile (as shown in the SAP documentation of the link I sent previously).

This is in successFactors, HomePageV3.

This is an example of what I want and the API response came from here:
http://bip-servicio.herokuapp.com/api/v1/solicitudes.json?bip=123456

Thanks and regards.