Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workstatus issue : not authorized to perform this task

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am lost with my workstatus.

I followed all the design instruction that are in the PDF tutorial on the website but I always receive at the end the instruction "You are not authorized to perform this task, please contact Administrator"

I have another appset where it is working fine, I compared each part of the configuration and everything is correctly configured.

Here is what I checked :

- My dimension Entity contain a OWNER property which is filled with BPC teams. The admin team on top node and user team on leaf levels. All between brackets (for instance [Users_Team]

- in my application, the workstatus settings are : Owner on Entity dimension, Yes on Category & Time, No on others with a default member. The Yes or Owner have the Base Hierarchy 1

- in Concurrent Lock, the three dimensions are on Yes and others No

- in Global configuration of workstatuses, I have Unlocked with All for everything and both for control, Submitted with Mgr for everything and Both for control, Locked on Approved for everything and Mgr for control.

- in my security, I am member of the group I put on the higher level of the entity hierarchy

- in the tasks, this group has access to SetWorkstatus

Did I forget anything please ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

Could you please verify again your Entity.xls workbook, if you have many sheets there (members, print, options...), please check if you have filled in the Owner column for the  “Members” sheet.

This should resolve your issue.

Kind Regards,

Anouar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Anouar, this is solved, in fact I put it in print sheet, I thought it was the good one ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, I have opened a case on SAP support ... I will keep you informed of the result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

If there is no issue in another appset in the same environment, then the issue is related to this particular appset configuration only.

1) Please try checking the Workstatus settings at the appset level and at the application level. I guess, the problem lies somewhere in those configuration settings.

2) You might have already done that. If not, please open the task access profile settings for the group and save it again.

3) Ensure that the Owner group is enclosed in Square brackets "[]" in the Work Status Dimension.

I guess, the step 1 should probably resolve your problem.

Karthik AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik A J,

I checked all one time again, changing everytime something to save the config ... and I am still blocked by the webpage.

I posted before what I configured ... but the configuration is just adapted from another appset where all is fine ...

Thanks

JohnL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Are there any errors from the tbllogs table around the time you get the Work Status error?

Run this query but change the dates:

USE AppServer

SELECT * FROM TBLLOGS WHERE DATEWRITTEN BETWEEN  '04/01/2011 10:00 AM' and '04/03/2011 10:00 AM'

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

Unfortunately, no error logged in the table when I am doing my operation.

Eric

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

I think the issue is related with the Owner, you can't assign a team but you must add a user.

Kind regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Roberto but I already try to put my own user in place of the groups definition and it did not change the issue. The system still refuses me.

About the group, support told me I could and this is done in another appset. If you put the group between brackets then for instancec the group of users is owner of each leaf level.

This is working very well in another appset.

😞

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

with version of BPC and sp are you using?

this error occurs if you don’t have access to the intersection as owner or manager, so if you're admin as I suppose then check that you are reading valid data (f.e. time in the c.v.)

Kind regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using version v7.5 sp4.

I'll make a general check again

former_member229290
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

Did you have a look at the SAP Note 1411061?

It decribes the same issue.

Best Regards,

Noura LAHAMI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noura

I just add a look to the note, but this is exactly what we checked before.

I already rebuild the objects of security and I already confirmed the users in dimension.

😞

former_member229290
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

Please check when the BPC Web page comes up after clicking on eSubmit > Modify Work Status, check if the user in the action pane was changed! Another client encountered the same error message

because the Login ID in the Action Pane was another one instead of the account he is logged on as So, he was getting the error message because that Login ID is not the one listed in the Owner column in his dimension.

Noura

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, this did not solve the issue. This is my user that is displayed in the action pane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

can you try to re-assign the group to task profile, normally it will working fine.

Thanks,

Ari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ari, but no, I removed the task profile from the group and I remade an assignement, the issue still occurs.

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

when/where you received this error?

Kind regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

In web app. After making "eSubmit / Modify Workstatus", I arrive on the webpage and when I click the green button (changing or not the dimensions), I obtain the popup.

Eric