cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer of values from one application to other

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can i update second plng application members from first application's default.lgf file.

Can i anyone give simple example on before range & after range options?

thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think you can update members. However, you can definitely send transactional data from one application to another using the DESTINATION_APP statement.

You have a good example available in BPC 320 on beforerange and afterrange.

Lets say that there are 5 columns in the report after the EVDRE expansion is done. Then in the beforerange or afterrange, you can use EVRNG function with a range of 5 cells. Lets say that you define EVRNG(J1:N1). In these cells, you can use formulas like EVSUM etc, and these formulas will be taken by the rows in your EVDRE report. If you define afterrange, then you will have additional row at the bottom. If you define beforerange, then you will have additional row at the top.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

for requirement moving of data from application to application, what is best procedure?

write script logic in file1 in source application. Call file1 in default.lgf of source application using Include statement?

or runl script logic file file1 using DM package of source application separtely as batch process?

or create script logic file in file2 in target application. run file2 as separate DM package at batch process in target application?

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

The best option would be to create a cript logic for transferring records from one application to another. Then link this script to a DM package. You can run the DM whenever you need to transfer the transactional records.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.while running logic through DM, is it mandatroy to set source/target application in CV setting or log on info?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

You need to set anything in the CV. You will write the script in the source application. There is a keyword "DESTINATION_APP" for transferring records from one app to another. Please refer to it in the admin guide available in marketplace.

Hope this helps.