Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction data from ECC

former_member481715
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

besides G/L or COPA data, is there any other transaction data that you normally extract from ECC for bpc use?

Thanks.    

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member481715
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for their replies, may be I need to clarify my question. I am not looking for HOW to bring transaction data or master data from ECC to BPC. I am looking at details on what type of data normally gets brought in...couple of ones I know are

COPA DATA

GL DATA

What else?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

It depending on your requirment and  which type of Activity you are perfoming.

Like planning ,Consolidation.

Regards,

Srinivasan.

former_member481715
Participant
0 Kudos

lets say both?

former_member210696
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manny,

If it is planning, say an HR planning, you would need the payroll data to be extracted from ECC->BI->BPC. For sales planning, you would need sales volumes, transactions data to be extracted.

For BPC, you might not extract data from ECC as is because you don't require day-to-day transactions. So, essentially, if you are on BPC for NW version, you will already have data extracted to BW from BPC, and all you would need is to load from BW to BPC.

Similarly for consolidation, you would need finance data, FI-GL, COPA data.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

It depends on your requierment like if the requirment is Consolidation you can load G/L data if the requirment is Planning like sales,revenue,hr like you can load respective data.

ECC-->BI-->BPC.

This is the data flow.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Srinivasan.

former_member210696
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manny,

I believe transaction data in ECC is at a very detail level that keeps on changing every day. In BPC, you don't require such detail level transaction data. In BPC, you will more often do operation planning that includes sales planning, revenue planning, etc which will not be closely linked to the day-to-day transaction data that we manage in an ECC system.

The data could first come in BW and from there it could be loaded into BPC.

Hope it helps!!