cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tranformation file issue-BPC 7.5 SP6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a question on my transformation file. When i remove the first row in MAPPING section then my transformation file works. But when i see the loaded data ID is loaded with out preceeding zeroes and prefix (P_). I want to see the data in BPC dimension as P_00000001(3 preceeding zeroes before the personnel number).

Please correct me if there is any wrong in my transformation file.

I did change the transformation file with ID=ID but it does load with out zeroes both with internal and external format like 1,2 8,20 in ID column, but at the backend it has leading zeroes with out prefix P_

*MAPPING

ID=ID

COSTCENTER=0COSTCENTER

START_DT=ZBPC_STDT

PAY_SCALE_GRADE=0PAYSCALEGR

EE_GROUP=ZBPC_EGRP

PAY_CURRENCY=0CURRENCY

GEO_HIER_PARENT=*STR(G_)+0COMP_CODE

EMP_PC_WORKED=0EMPLPCT

At the same time i dont see any description in EVDESCRIPTION for personnel no. Do i need to put EVDESCRIPTION as well in transformation file. Awaiting your replys.

Sanjeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to see evdescription for personnel number (which is the name), your infoobject (0employee for example), need to be loaded with TEXT (be it short, medium or long).

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Your transformation file looks ok. However, if you want to change the format of the ID, then you need to use conversion file, and mention the conversion file name in the transformation file.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan,

My conversion file looks as below.

EXTERNAL INTERNAL FORMULA

* js: %external%.replace("-", "_")

I have added conversion in the above transformation file, But when i validate conversion file i get warning message Conversion file does not exist (ID_CONV.xls). i have however copied my conversion file with out errors.

*CONVERSION

ID=ID_CONV.xls

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan,

I was able to pull the master data succesfully without any conversion file, But i am facing issues while loading hierarchy data using IMPORT_IOBJ_HIER .Below is the format how my conv file looks like ..

Please let me know if i have missed any steps.Thanks.

ZNEW_TEST PARENTH1

Sanjeev

Edited by: sanjeev.s on Oct 4, 2011 12:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sanjeev,

The way you have to map the conversion correctly is:

ID=CONV_FILE.XLS!ID_Conv (where Conv_File.xls is the CF, and ID_Conv is the conversion sheet into that CF where you have external-internal-formula)

You should have no problems after this...let me know how it goes

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The conversion file is used to map the master data to the appropriate member of the dimension. So, the external column should have a master data from BI and internal column should have member of the dimension. However, you have the infoobject name in the external and the property name in the internal field. This will not be recognized.

Hope you got the point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan,

Could you please let me know why you are saying it will be not recognized.

what do you mean by PROPERTY Name in the below line.what should i maintain in Internal column.

However, you have the infoobject name in the external and the property name in the internal field

Please correct me . thanks.

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The conversion file maintains the mapping of the BW master data to BPC dimension member. For example, in BW you have the time master data as 201101, 201102, etc, but in BPC you have the members as 2011.JAN, 2011.FEB, etc, then, you need a conversion file to convert the external format to internal format. And it would be something like:

EXTERNAL   INTERNAL   FORMULA
201101    2011.JAN
201102    2011.FEB

Please note that I have BW master data in the external field and BPC dimension member in the internal field. The purpose of conversion file is to convert the format of external BW master data to the format of BPC dimension member.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan,

I am loading hierarchy data , i dont have any conversions to make changes to hierarchy data.

I only have one hierarchy to be loaded.Since conversion file is mandate for loading hierarchies i have maintained as below.

BW InfObj BPC PARENT column

Thanks....

Regards,

Sanjeev

Edited by: sanjeev.s on Oct 10, 2011 9:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have concatenated the ID with prefix P_ at backend instead of making modifications using conversion file as i was getting errors. My conversion file looks the same as mentioned in the above posts and i am able to load hierarchy data successfully.

Thanks Nilanjan .

Sanjeev