cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The environment ‘Environment Shell’ is unavailable. Some functions may be unavailable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

We have installed NW 7.31 ABAP Stack and BPC 10.0 addon installed. ABAP Stack SP is 03 whereas BPC is on patch 02

Following the guide, we have performed the steps as suggested by SAP and are facing a connectivity issue while using EPM addon on Excel

The error is The environment ‘Environment Shell’ is unavailable. Some functions may be unavailable.

This error is reported in SAP Note number: 1766132. However, even after activating the listed suggestions, the error is still there.

The user we are using has SAP_ALL rights in addition to (*BPC* & *POA*) Roles.

INFO:

• Our BPC 10 servers lies over NW7.31 ABAP Stack.
  • This ABAP Stack will in return communicate with BW 7.01 which in actual is our BW Server.
  • RSA1 has been set for NW7.31 Stack
  • UPJ_ACTIVATION_CONTENT report was executed with no errors.
  • If we goto the weblink: http://sap-bpc-nw:8000/sap/bpc/web : Following errors are thrown:
    • cannot find com_sap_tc_ui_ria_fcp* plgin
    • environment environmentshell is currently offline

Perhaps you can share your experiences to resolve the issue.

Thank you very much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would you please set environment online and try again?

Regards,

Hengye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hengye

Even after turning on the environment, the logon doesnt throw any error but does not log in either.

On visiting the weblink: http://<hostname>:8000/sap/bpc/web it seems we have missing authorizaton. I am not able to create users or add existing users to teams and assign rights. On the other hand I have assigned *BPC* and *POA* roles.

Any suggestions on this please?

former_member196060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It seems that the problem is different. Now you are not talking about  logon via EPM Add-in, but add users at BPC WEB Admin Page, right?

If yes, please notice that it is not possible to create user in BPC, but adding existing NW users to the current environment. BTW, have you set the BPC RFC connection via SPRO and SM59 as per the installation guide? Wether all services are activated via SICF?

Regards,

Hengye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hengye,

you were right. I had assigned the BPC and POA roles to my admin user but the user which I had defined in the RFC was not provided the same. Once i did that, the users can now be assigned to the teams. Full points to you.

I have another query, perhaps you can help me with that too. I would require to fetch data from my current BW system (based on 701) and bring it to BPC BW 7.3. How can I establish this link in RSA1 (or elsewhere).

Thank you!!

former_member196060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm only familar with load data from BW cube to BPC cube within the same NW installation through Data Manager Package. Regarding load data from one BW system to another BW system with different version, I suggest you to create a new thread so that other functional experts could assist you.

Regards,

Hengye

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for providing such a useful information and could you please tell me how can we move environment shell including all with its Models from one BPC server to another when the patch level is not the same.

Example: Source BPC has patch level is 7 and target has 9

Thank you,

Neeraja.