cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSM 7.0 - Looking for a clear procedure to change the SAP logo: saplogo.jpg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

My customer is looking for a "clear" procedure to change the SAP logo (saplogo.jpg) in the SSM 7.0 end-user, admin and E&A web interface.

In fact, when they change the content of the saplogo.jpg, it seems that it is overwritten by the original file each time you reboot the application server.

It's like all the images stored in:

C:\usr\sap\CE1\J00\j2ee\cluster\apps\sap.com\xappscpmsm~strategymanagement\servlet_jsp\strategy\root\files

were re-deployed...

The only solution I have found at this time is to create a brand new file (for example: mycustomerlogo.jpg) and then reference the new file (instead of saplogo.jpg) from the corresponding "calling" files:

- End-user interface: toptop.htm

- Administrator interface: admin_main.jsp

- Entry and Approval interface: mmtop.htm

Is there a less "intrusive" procedure ?

Please advice.

Regards,

Giovanni

Giovanni OLIVA

Project Manager

SAP BusinessObjects Division

P.S. : It would be great if we could share some best practices related to SSM 7.0 interface customization: adding logos, tabs, links, modifying look and feel,...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giovanni,

Changing standard HTML files will most likely be a problem if you later need to install support packages.

The process you described is the recommended for now, although if your problem is just temporary, due to frequent reboots, you might be interested in replacing the saplogo file in the application filestore itself, and not in the folder.

It will get overwritten again with every new Support package though...

Hope this helps!

BR,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Thank you for your reply.

Frankly I do not understand this kind of behaviour that seems to be related only to image files. All the image files are re-generated with new dates...

It's like the war file (sap.comxappscpmsmstrategymanagementweb.war in C:\usr\sap\CE1\J00\j2ee\cluster\apps\sap.com\xappscpmsm~strategymanagement\servlet_jsp\strategy) was partially re-deployed but with new dates instead of the original dates.

I would reference this as a bug.

What do you mean by "replacing the saplogo file in the application filestore" ? How would it work ?

Regards,

Giovanni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giovanni,

I suggest you to replace the file with the name saplogo.jpg. Since this is the file which is called by the front end as well as the administrator UI, replacing this file with your customer logo might help.

Please rename your customer logo as saplogo.jpg and paste it in the following path.

http://<server>:<port>/strategy/files/saplogo.jpg

Hope this helps,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is solved.

You need to use the file manager application tool in order to upload the modified saplogo.jpg into the file store (virtual path: /strategy/files).

Once you have done this, each time you reboot the server the new saplogo will be replaced with the one stored in the file store.

Note that only image files seems to be systematically overwritten in the "usr" directory when rebooting the server.

Regards,

Giovanni

Answers (0)